cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LizzieSheppy
Asteroid

digital clock disappeared from main page S9 Tmobile

samsung S9 Tmobile.

for some reason digital clock, the one shows in main screen, not the lock screen, disappeared.

1- i tried the add widgets,the digital clock im able to add is so small as it belongs to another app( i think i may desperately added), plus no matter if i change the color to add contrast,  it doesnt change.

2- i went to seetings and i have on the roaming clock option on, also I have the "always on display home button and clock on"

any idea or help? ive been searching and this seems very common complain.

worst case scenario!!

Can you guys tell me a way to reset the ph, keep my contacts and pics but have the rest of the ph as it was originally pregramed to get the digital clock???

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: digital clock disappeared from main page S9 Tmobile

Hey there,

Do you have a theme downloaded or third-party launcher downloaded on your device?

GizmoAndMinnie
Astronaut

No I do not.

LizzieSheppy
Asteroid

download some wallpapers from zedge.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieSheppy wrote:

samsung S9 Tmobile.

for some reason digital clock, the one shows in main screen, not the lock screen, disappeared.

1- i tried the add widgets,the digital clock im able to add is so small as it belongs to another app( i think i may desperately added), plus no matter if i change the color to add contrast,  it doesnt change.

2- i went to seetings and i have on the roaming clock option on, also I have the "always on display home button and clock on"

any idea or help? ive been searching and this seems very common complain.

worst case scenario!!

Can you guys tell me a way to reset the ph, keep my contacts and pics but have the rest of the ph as it was originally pregramed to get the digital clock???

It is possible you removed an app which had a widget that disappeared in the first place.  A lot of clock/weather widget apps in Play Store which you can use an an alternative. 

About the widget:

When you add widget, there could be few options depending on apps you have installed.  The name of the widget could be "clock" and may have few different variations.  Also when you add a specific widget, you can try to change the size by tapping and holding your finger on it and you should be 4 dots and a frame around the widget which you can stretch...  

About the reset:

Backup your device first: settings>accounts and backup>backup and restore.  There you can backup your device and I would suggest to check multiple items to backup, but when you are ready to restore, you won't have to restore the whole thing, but can do few items.

Then you can reset it: settings>general management>reset>factory data reset

LizzieSheppy
Asteroid

Is the clock all the galaxy has in thir main page. That's why I was thinking as an option to reset the ph but ph has linked email address and play store has email linked 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@LizzieSheppy,

I'm assuming that your asking about the original clock widget that was linked to the pre-installed Samsung clock app. 

It was large and had a vertical style with information below the time text. 

I don't see that one in the widgets drawer anymore. I only see 4 widgets and the one that has the time and date is 2x1 and pretty small. It does let me set the background color to black or white and adjust the transparency. 

Either the big widget was removed at some point or we both lost the widget. I'm going to backup the clock data and then wipe the default clock app cache and data. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

LizzieSheppy
Asteroid

Sadly nope

Ichamel
Cosmic Ray

Press and hold the screen to open up home screen settings. Check to see if you have "lock home screen" selected.

If that feature is selected you won't be able to change the clock size.