cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrUmrSNKkyv
Asteroid

disable bixby key

JUMP TO SOLUTION

please tell me how to disable the bixby key. i havent found a solution. i tried setting it to a double press but it doesnt work. it opens up two windows every time one for bixby and one for the terms and conditions. i dont want to accept your terms i just want it to go away.

if theres no other solution im super glueing the bixby button in the unheld position and switching to a new phone asap. so f annoying

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userrUmrSNKkyv
Asteroid

Re: disable bixby key

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i cut the bixby button out of my cases so i cant press it even if i wanted to. (i dont) 

not going to agree to terms and conditions to shut it off lmao thats absurd.

9 REPLIES 9
user3krFJNxX9Z
Astronaut

I do believe that was only available on the note 8 I have...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do believe that was only available on the note 8 I have the 9 myself but I here you can repurpose it on the s10

userdHsHaOpH2E
Constellation

Brought up Bixby in settings and disabled it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brought up Bixby in settings and disabled it.

userrUmrSNKkyv
Asteroid

Re: Brought up Bixby in settings and disabled it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

u cant go to the settings without agreeing to the terms and conditions

userdHsHaOpH2E
Constellation

I have a 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 8

Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I set it up so I could change the Bixby switch. When I agree to the terms it adds a check mark to all of them. I uncheck the three optional ones and move to the next part of the setup process. In the Bixby voice settings I open each entry and turn them off. If you're using the default launcher long press on the home screen, swipe over to the Bixby home screen and up at the top turn it off. Later open system settings and clear the cache and data from the Bixby home app just to make sure it's neutralized. The result is that Bixby will use 0 memory and 0 mobile data and 0 battery. If you short press the Bixby switch nothing will happen unless you set it up to launch an app. Long press and double press will still call Bixby voice but that rarely happens by accident. With this setup Bixby voice wake up users about 12mb of memory and Bixby voice uses about 3mb on average and 0 battery. They use a few kbs of mobile data and I haven't found a way to restrict it but it's not a big deal really.

I had it set up as the device assistance app for a while and that was fun because it opens the Bixby voice floating icon listenes for a voice or quick command, executes it and then closes itself. No voice feedback.

As of right now I don't really use it doesn't use any system resources and never causes any issues.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to set the Bixby switch up without having to set up Bixby but that's the way it is and maybe they'll change it someday. 

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perfectly said. Thank you @CLF

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@ChazzyJ   Thanks I appreciate the compliment. I'm still using the one handed operation+ app that you recommended a few months ago. It's running great and they've added a few new options. I use it all the time now. Amazing one little app can be so useful.

Thanks again, 

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CLF  hey, thank you for your continued contributions. Keep up the great work. 

I honestly don't know what I'd do without OHO+ now. Having the swipe-to-lock my phone has just been a total gamechanger for me and helps me understand that buttonless phones can be a reality in the future like everyone keeps talking about. I don't think we're there yet, but quite possibly in the next couple years or so. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userrUmrSNKkyv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i cut the bixby button out of my cases so i cant press it even if i wanted to. (i dont) 

not going to agree to terms and conditions to shut it off lmao thats absurd.