cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

downloading images from a website

As I browse, I occasionally see a meme or other type of image that I find particularly pleasing or useful so I think to myself "that would be just fabulous if there was some way I could copy that image onto my phone so that I can look at it later, or share it with friends or post it online on a *different* website than where I initially found it." And often times after having this mental conversation with myself, I do a hold click on the image, and sure enough, I download the sonofagun!

On every other phone I've ever had, including Galaxy phones, a downloaded image always goes to the "Gallery" app, so whenever you want to retrieve an image you've downloaded, you only have to go to your gallery where every image downloaded or photographed or screenshot, just EVERY image, (except for app icons and stuff dont be a smart alec) can be found there neatly organized by date, and by album. 

But on this phone, a GS9+, it seems like the only thing showing up on my gallery is screenshots and photographs I've taken with the built in camera, along with the pictures that were on my SD card which I brought over from my last phone.

I'm aware that I can find the photos with a file explorer but when I am using certain websites to post an image, it only let's me post from my gallery and plus you can obviously see that it's a hassle to use a File Explorer app to retrieve photos as opposed to the convenient Gallery system which I paid for when I bought this phone for $500. 

Thanks in advance for any replies!☺

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: downloading images from a website

Check your browser settings in the browser, it should have a setting on where you want to save downloads.

Highlighted

On my note 10 using the Samsung browser it saves them to Internal storage / download, from there it lets me select them and move them.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Samsung_FV654o5

Try opening my files, internal storage, open the DCIM folder and open the Screenshots folder, select an image and choose copy. Back out to internal storage, scroll down to the downloads folder, open it and select copy here. Close my files, open the gallery app and look for the downloads album.

If it's not showing then something is wrong with the gallery app. It should be scanning that folder and adding it to the DCIM folder. 

Clear the cache and data from the gallery app. Open and check for new albums. Put the settings back the way you like them. You should be able to open internal storage and create new folders and copy images to all of them. They should all be added as albums in the gallery app.

CLF