cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: full page pop up ads on brand new phone S9+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcbPt89TGb: Do you still receive ads if you boot the device into Safe Mode? 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcbPt89TGb: Were you able to boot the device into Safe Mode? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm about to go to iPhone... this is ridiculously annoying.  Anyone from Samsung want to figure this out? I've had the 1, 3, 5, 7 and now the 9... I've never had this issue before. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What troubleshooting steps have you tried from this thread? @userZFJX22RPe

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldnt work out which app was causing it for me tried deleting a few which no change...it appeared to be linked to google for me but dont know how. Anyway put in safe mode and wasnt there so figured prob wasnt google so tried pressing top left as suggested to work out which app it was linked to and it came up with disable ads so pressed that and they're all gone. Not sure if this only occurred cause I'd deleted the app causing it but it's gone and I have since re-downloaded the same apps and still have no ads. Hope helps Goodluck 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroiUCih1rMF; Glad we could help! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

not sure how to do that

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZ6F9VEpCXP: In order to boot the device into Safe Mode, please follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power menu is displayed.
  2. Touch and hold Power odd until the Safe Mode icon is displayed.
  3. Touch Safe Mode
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZ6F9VEpCXP: Just checking in to see if you were able to boot the device into Safe Mode. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Personally. ... I had to delete apps and still had the issue until I hunted down the residual files some of the apps left behind and delete them.  I don't have any pop up adds now.  Maybe I just got lucky but at least they're gone.  I also used some cleaners to help with the process of finding the residual files and empty folders.