cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSLxRIwVoON
Constellation

Re: help, how can I get rid of these ads!!!

These pop up ads are adware, to remove them just get a security app on there. I reccomend bitdefender

userSLxRIwVoON
Constellation

You could also just reset it

Highlighted
OGBrock
Cosmic Ray

long story short, if you updated one ui from the google play store in the last 3 weeks then that's the culprit, many others are saying and having the same issue. even though it looks legitimately from samsung, it is not, and Google should have caught that, maybe android should worry about its vulnerabilities of it's own system and not worry about other people's security problems (apple). by no means am I a ape fan boy, I'm a Samsunger through and through but I will call it for what it is.

OGBrock
Cosmic Ray

have you tried that suggestion about one ui

LSpegal
Cosmic Ray

was having trouble trying to reply, anyhow I installed nice catch, first time I looked at the ads part, it said noe, second look i looked at screen wakup history and it showed a long list of wake ups by a magnifier app i'd installed when trying to ID jewelry, so I uninstalled it (there were only a couple pf other things listed there) so far no more ads, so appreciate that app suggestion , hopefully it's solved for the long term, will let you know!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

It is because you downloaded a third party app which is causing it to give you ads. You'll need to delete the third party app that is causing this and reset your phone

Samsung_wueEiII
Astronaut

Clear out the data and cache on Google Chrome. Then, force stop and disable it. That should fix the problem.

Ichamel
Galaxy

Your browser or browsers have multiple tabs open. You should see a number in the upper right of the native browser or chrome. Close all tabs then clear cookies.

LSpegal
Cosmic Ray

gawd, i can't reply to individuals on here, ok, a  few most recent suggestions had to do with chrome and open tabs, this wasn't happening in chrome , i could just turn on my screen and the ads happen full coverage of cell screen. It hasn't happened since i uninstalled that one program, so maybe that was it, i'll find out....  

thanks for all the replies!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey,

@LSpegal

I'm glad to hear that you were able to identify the app using nice catch.

If you get a chance and remember the name of that app let us know so we can flag it in Google play store and they can remove it.

Thanks, 

CLF