cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lusterav
Asteroid

how to block a text message and the block button is grayed out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have blocked text messages before but I received a text message that I can't seem to block. The message came in from kxmou@b1g0rt.us. Something about lose 50 lbs in one day. I tried to block this so I don't receive any more texts from this company. BUT, when I tap on the message and the next screen opens, my only choice is "add to contacts". The button for "block number" is grayed out. Anyone know how to work around this? I can't add it to blocked phone numbers because there is no phone number showing anywhere. Any help please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: how to block a text message and the block button is grayed out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I use my Gmail app to send messages to my phone number with my carriers gateway address. When the mms message arrives I can send a reply back to my Gmail app  Who ever sent that probably picks random phone numbers and mass mails the ad to all the carriers gateway addresses. Best practice is to delete any messages like that and never, reply or download the attachments. 

Short code messages with ads and promotions can't be blocked either. They are usually sent by businesses but you never know. The option for those is to reply with the message stop. Or just delete it.

My carrier has options for blocking but I've never been able to  figure out exactly how it works. It seems like it's going to block everything so I've never activated it.

CLF 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur when the device is placed into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

lusterav
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes. There is no way to block an email disguised as a text message. How do they send an email as a text anyway? The whole thing makes no sense.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Have you tried contacting your carrier about blocking this number?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@lusterav wrote:

yes. There is no way to block an email disguised as a text message. How do they send an email as a text anyway? The whole thing makes no sense.

I had a text few weeks ago that I couldn't block, so I deleted it and never had that again.

I think your carrier might have more control in blocking things as item go through their network

uservjpX0vdrBh
Asteroid

Samsung needs to do something about this call blocking. I...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to do something about this call blocking. It's truly not call blocking. Sad when you got the OnePlus 7 pro can block calls and text messages without showing the notification. But the note 10 plus $1,200 phone shows it SMH

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I use my Gmail app to send messages to my phone number with my carriers gateway address. When the mms message arrives I can send a reply back to my Gmail app  Who ever sent that probably picks random phone numbers and mass mails the ad to all the carriers gateway addresses. Best practice is to delete any messages like that and never, reply or download the attachments. 

Short code messages with ads and promotions can't be blocked either. They are usually sent by businesses but you never know. The option for those is to reply with the message stop. Or just delete it.

My carrier has options for blocking but I've never been able to  figure out exactly how it works. It seems like it's going to block everything so I've never activated it.

CLF 

lusterav
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for a clear answer and explanation. Appreciate it.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I'm glad that I could help at least little bit. I still don't like the idea that someone can take advantage of the service like that. 

Take care, 

CLF