cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

my sm-g960u is not making any software update

hello, i am using sm-g960u from att and since i bought it i have never recieved an update. im using version 8.

how can i recieve software update?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: my sm-g960u is not making any software update

Hey there!

Check out this article from ATT about your phone and updates: https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1253489/Samsung/SamsungG965U

Since firmware updates are carrier specific, you might be facing an issue with updates from them.

I'd encourage you in this case to reach out to ATTif you are using one of their devices. >>> ATT <<< support can be reach using that link.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Supernova

@userZlDdV0Du7f let us know any updates here!

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Lots of AT&T customers with S8s thru S10s aren't getting updates. Even some S20s. Not everyone (all our phones have been getting them), but enough if you hang out on AT&T's support forum to know it's a problem. AT&T won't admit it. but somehow the IMEIs are not getting registered properly in their system, and AT&T phones only get updates OTA from the AT&T network.

You can call their customer service and most will just say it's on Samsung. It's not. It's on AT&T but they just can't seem to be bothered to fix the problem.