cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

no lte

I finally gave up on boost mobile and went to find another company. I saw what appeared to be a good data plan for seniors at T Mobile. I went to our local T Mobile store  this morning and while standing in line I got to talking to the  woman in front of me. She was with T mobile  and  has a  note 9. She has the exact same problem I  do, no lte, only spotty 3g. She stated that she had been trying to get this fixed for 6 weeks! Boost has been telling me for 4 weeks that an update for this problem was coming from Samsung soon. As much as I like my s9 plus I have about decided to change phones not provider. Samsung do you not care about your customers who bought s9,s9 plus or s9 note.

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Re: no lte

Sorry about that. The S9 series were made slightly different from the note 9 because they didn't come standard with all major carriers frequencies. Each carrier had a slightly different model and unless yours had the 600 and 700 bands, it may not pick up lte signal on T-Mobile. I had a note 9 on T-Mobile and got lte all the time. The phone came with all LTE supported frequencies. Have T-Mobile customer service check if your phone will get good service on their network before switching. The IMEI will tell them what frequencies it has. Settings->About Phone for IMEI #. I don't work for Samsung or in anyway affiliated with them. Just had a few Samsung phones for many years now.
Astronaut

thanks for the info, I would like to stay with samsung. this phone had lte until I received a software update so I know it is a software issue. Samsung has over 3000 customers who have this same problem and they are aware of the issue. they keep saying they are going to send out an update soon!
Cosmic Ray

Scout2- I'm glad I read your post because I was just getting ready to switch to T-Mobile too. I have an S9+ and I don't want to end up with the same issue we're experiencing with Boost. I just got my phone so I'm not in any position to go out and get another one. Keep us posted on your progress w/ T-Mobile.

Cosmic Ray

@scout2  It looks like Santa may have come early. I received a 770 MB update today and now I'm getting LTE around my house. I haven't been out and about to test the signal around my town but I'm hopeful.

I hope he comes to see you too! Look for reindeer tracks.