cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

problem to my samsung galaxy s9

Hello
I am Tako From Georgia and I am very disapointed.
I am a long time (7+years) Samsung Galaxy purchaser. (phone, leptop, TV, Refrigerator)
Fist time I had galaxy note, after galaxy s6 edge and  after I bought galaxy s9.
I am lover to take pictures and I was exsited when I heard that samsung galaxy s9 was Water-resistant.
Yesterday decieded to take photos under the water and when I finished taking picture (about 3 minutes)  my samsung galaxy s9 shut down.
Today I took  it to the service center and they told me that there were water inside the phone.

please explain me why water got into the phone.

What responsibility does the company take in this case?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: problem to my samsung galaxy s9

I do not work at Samsung, but as a cell phone technician I tell you that these devices bring protection against water only if they have not been previously uncovered either to change the screen or any other component that presents problems

In your case, you may have bought the cell phone second-hand which has already been uncovered to change some component, therefore the protection against water has already been lost
Highlighted
Constellation

I bought it samsung authorized reseller in my country 1.2 years ago. It was not previously uncovered because I was first owner. It was technical problem I see that's why I am interested what is company's responsibility.

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't think it was Samsung's intention to engineer an IP rating to accommodate underwater photography. The IP water rating is meant to protect the phone from accidental water immersion.
Highlighted
Constellation

I've never read such a silly comment Smiley Sad(((((((((((((

What does it matter if the phone falls into the water for 3 minutes or I go into the water to take photos.

waterproof means waterproof !!!!!

please, don't write such a silly comments anymore.

Brainless