cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_wHgEn0O
Astronaut

"Moisture Detected"

Any Galaxy S9 users out there who have had an issue with a "Moisture Detected" message? My phone was not dropped in water. Seems like it happened after the most recent update.. I believe it's a glitch or my port needs replacing.. I also checked the phones water damage sensor and it's fine. Checked with a new charger as well... noope.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "Moisture Detected"

Hey there!

I would recommend giving this troubleshooting article a try for moisture detected: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Z-__-Z
Astronaut

Same thing happened to me about a month ago. Just randomly one day a message came up about moisture detection. I waited a full 2 days before I put a cable charger in the phone and only used wireless charging. Still said moisture was detected so I figured out a weird way to get it to work. I hit the bottom of my phone against my leg, hand or bed a couple times. Pull it the charger in, the message will come up again then just flip the cable around and plug it in the opposite way. It magically works but no longer does fast charging😂. If I want fast charging I have to put it on a wireless charger. I think this is some kind of bug they put in the update to get more customers to upgrade there phones😑

userdNxwiPFXv8
Constellation

I have an S9+ and got the error today. Four hours and still on. And unless one raindrop got into the port while the phone was in an inner pocket of my jacket, there is NO way it got wet. 3 reboots, 1 in safe mode, 1 battery removal simulation and it's still there.  FIX IT Samsung. Probably a bug in the software....seems this has been a known thing since day 1.

Samsung_uCcNJ4Z
Astronaut

My brother has one and said the same thing. It says it's been in water but it hasn't.