cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

"WiFi Disconnected" While Using 5 GHz WiFi Network

Hello Samsung Community,

I'm the owner of a Galaxy S9+ running on Verizon Wireless. The rest of my family also have Galaxy phones (one has an S20+).

We have a Linksys WRT1900ACS dual-band WiFi 5 router. Whenever my Galaxy S9+, or the other phones, are connected to the 5 GHz network band, they will stay connected for a few hours. Then, all of a sudden, while browsing the internet, checking email, etc., or just leaving the phone on the charger for a while, I get a message at the bottom of the screen stating "WiFi Disconnected". The phone will then quickly auto-reconnect to another access point in the house. None of our other devices, including other Android devices, exhibit this behavior. The only solution is to resort to using the 2.4 GHz band, which isn't great on my router, as the throughput drops off quickly.

I've tried changing settings on the phone and router but to no avail. Linksys said to reach out here, as it sounds more like a problem with the phone. I was wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar, and found a solution.

Thank you.