cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

s9 plus pin issue after software update

downloaded and updated software on my s9 plus but now i am unable to start my device because on restart  i am entring my PIN code and it says incorrect.Any help?

Only two attemps remaninng before force factory reset.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: s9 plus pin issue after software update

S9+ as well and exactly the same issue.  100% sure the pin was correct.

Asteroid

I hope you will find something.but i was not lucky.surely i will switch to apple.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @user05IqYjyL7a I'm sorry that you haven't been able to sign into your S9 with the current pin. 

Try this: if your S9 is associated with a Samsung account you should be able to unlock it with this method. Sign into your Samsung Account on the desktop> next click the little "hamburger" button on the left side of the screen> next click "devices"> this will take you to the devices that you currently have tied to that account.> you should see a button in the middle of the screen that says "find my mobile" when you click on that, it will give hou a list of options, lock your phone, unlock your phone and finding your phone. For this you'll want to unlock your device. Once you've done that you should be able to bypass that pin to create new one. 

I hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank You for you time but i end up losing my data from my phone.Phone was linked to samsng account but nothing worked tried many solution posted on different forms.

Really disoppointed of samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi @d_spi  

If @user05IqYjyL7a has the same issue as me, Find My Mobile wasn't able to pick up the phone as the pin is needed to startup/decrypt the phone so the phone status is "Offline"

I have had to resort to doing a factory reset on the phone.  Not sure why this has happened but seems a fairly serious issue that the correct pin doesn't get recognised on startup..  

Thanks for your suggestion though!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@useroo98qME2rr wrote:

Hi @d_spi  

If @user05IqYjyL7a has the same issue as me, Find My Mobile wasn't able to pick up the phone as the pin is needed to startup/decrypt the phone so the phone status is "Offline"

I have had to resort to doing a factory reset on the phone.  Not sure why this has happened but seems a fairly serious issue that the correct pin doesn't get recognised on startup..  

Thanks for your suggestion though!

Hey @useroo98qME2rr  sorry that the pin reset didn't work for you. I hope your device is working as it should now? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have been having exactly the same issue and have not been able to use my phone for over two weeks as I do not believe my data has been backed up properly.

You make a very good point about the PIN being required to startup the phone and as such without the phone is offline? if so, this seems ridiculous as if you did in fact lose your phone or it was stolen the thief would simply need to turn the phone off and you could not track it... if true, major flaw by Samsung.

Has anyone had any luck solving the PIN issue?  The device is not recognised when plugged into a computer either. Basically phone has become an expensive piece of trash. Very dissappointed with Samsung CS who basically gave me the same advice as a simple google search and told me the 'solution' was a factory reset.  

I'd be most appreciative of any help anyone can offer.