cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

s9 stuck on 3g again

It happened again. My phone is stuck on 3g again,  can someone at Samsung please acknowledge and fix this recurring problem.  I've had lte service for 2 weeks in 2 months. It's not my carrier, everyone in my family still works. Yes, I've done ##72786#, updated prl, update profile and did a factory reset. Please just do an update that fixes it for good. 
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: s9 stuck on 3g again

you're out of luck man, the last time they acknowledged this problem was like late July early August and they still aren't anywhere close to solving this issue. I'm going to assume you have Boost as your carrier since this mainly affects boost customers. So far there isn't a permanent solution only temporary ones such as

- Installing an app called ForceLTE, you get service but can't talk or text
- Putting a different carrier's sim and letting it update your phone then go back to your actual sim, but it's only for a week and isnt guaranteed to work
- Just get off of Boost, simply go to another service provider since they don't have this issue
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: s9 stuck on 3g again

yeah, i tried 2 out of the three. I'm with boost and stuck with them for a little bit longer until my payments are done on my "upgrade"
Highlighted
Constellation

I have sprint and I am still stuck in 3g.

longtime samsung customer but really starting to think otherwise
Highlighted
Asteroid

Same... on Sprint...stuck on 3g. Been to Sprint store (new SIM, no difference), Sprint Chat, and T-Mob store. All their advice when nothing worked was to "upgrade" my phone or factory reset. Not to both suggestions! Bit more Internet searching indicates last Samsung update causing the issue. True? Update to fix coming soon? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I factory reset it did nothing.
Highlighted
Asteroid

don't factory reset, doesn't work
Highlighted
Asteroid

Issues keep popping up. Now phone may or may not ring. Voice messages delivered over 24 hours plus later! Anyone else? Any fixes?

Update. Two phone calls lost sound, couldn't hear caller, caller couldn't hear me. Was trying to use VOLTE. What a disappointment! Losing faith in my S9!
Highlighted
Asteroid

09/24 Just got new update G960USQS8ETH6/G960UOYNBETH6/G960USQSBETH6 Security Patch Level Sept 1. No longer have the ability to turn off VOLTE. Can only hope that this update has made LTE stable (No going to 3g and getting stuck there otherwise phone is of no use. ). How about everyone else? Is this good news for us?
Highlighted
Asteroid

update worked for me. after that update runs and installs, do the network reactivation command (##72786#) and LTE should come back.