cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrnQE4VhhL9
Constellation

stranger's photos

Twice in the last month I have someone else's photos show up in my gallery. This time I recognize a person in a photo. She is 2000+ miles away from my location. What setting can I change to stop the downloads?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: stranger's photos

That is a strange issue. I'm guessing that some other app is set to download photos in your photos folder. Gallery is then detecting them and displaying them. 

userrnQE4VhhL9
Constellation

Re: stranger's photos

I am fairly sure it is no other app on my phone. First time, I was in Germany. Second time in Mexico. Photos are coming from California.

user5cruS2tDhb
Astronaut

Change your password

Change your password

userrnQE4VhhL9
Constellation

Re: Change your password

The password on the phone?? I don't have one. 

I am fairly sure it is no other app on my phone. First time, I was in Germany. Second time in Mexico. Photos are coming from California.

Samsung Care Ambassador

You can try safe mode to see if this issue persist.

You can try safe mode to see if this issue persist.

userrnQE4VhhL9
Constellation

Re: You can try safe mode to see if this issue persist.

Does "safe mode" last for one instance? Or is it necessary to continue indefinlitely?

Samsung Care Ambassador

It last until you reboot again. It disables third party a...

It last until you reboot again. It disables third party apps. If our fellow Ambassador longhiker is correct in the third party app causing this issue, safe mode should help us diagnose the issue.

userrnQE4VhhL9
Constellation

Re: It last until you reboot again. It disables third party a...

OK,  how does one get into safe mode? I reboot my phone quite often, I believe, by choosing the "restart." Is that the correct means of rebooting?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Long press the power button till the reboot options appea...

Long press the power button till the reboot options appear. Than long press the power off. You will see a flyout saying safe mode. Tap it, and your device will boot into safe mode.