Original topic:

updating google play store app

(Topic created on: 1/5/21 8:11 AM)
lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S9

My galaxy s9 is not updating apps for 2 weeks so I went into the google play store app and uninstalled updates to the play store app. Now the play store app is back to the factory version that came on the phone. In settings when I touch the play store version, a box opens that says the version will be updated. I have to hit "Got It". Then NOTHING HAPPENS. It doesn't update. What do I do now? What is preventing it from updating? Would Norton 360 have anything to do with it? Also, I received a system update to the phone 2 weeks ago and that is when I stopped getting app updates in google play store. I have wiped cache partition, cleared data from google play store app. Please help...

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S9

Was Norton 360 installed around the time this started? If not, I don't believe that would be causing this to happen. Have you tried loading into safe mode to see if the update will go through?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S9

Thanks for suggestion. I haven't booted in safe mode yet. After I posted my question, I found an app on the internet called "Fix Play Store". I downloaded it to the phone and then messed around with it for a while and voila!!, the play store app updated itself to current version. Now I will wait overnight when my apps usually update to see if other apps update. If not, tomorrow I will boot in safe mode.

0 Likes
userelnpSznMGf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
hi, I'm trying to activate Norton 360 but its asking for a Pin Code from my provider. is this something you can help me with so I can activate Norton 360 please?
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S9

Hey,

@lusterav

I would try using Samsung Cole boot into safe mode first to rule out third party apps that might be interfering with the the play store updates. If that doesn't help then try the method below 

I open the play store settings menu and scroll down to the item titled Play Store Version and tap it. A small message should fade in and state you have the latest version installed or there's an update available. it will offer to install it. It could take a few a few minutes to install and you won't see any notifications it does this quietly in the background. Check a few minutes later that the version has been updated in system settings, apps or by just tap on the play store version again.

It also might be a good idea to check system settings, apps, Google play services. Scroll down to the bottom and select App details in store. It will show either update or uninstall. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes