JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where is the trash in "my files" app?

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 11:39 AM)
userDsV1gg0i7L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hello. im deleting now songs of singers who started getting out of hand, know no history and blood tale my state.
so my question is- when i delete a song\any other file in "MY FILES" app, is tells me "MOVE TO TRASH", now..... where is that trash?! i cant find it.  

note: no, its not the gallery trash, im talkking about files like songs and docs.

thank you.

6 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@userDsV1gg0i7L

Open Samsung My Files, tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the page and select settings.

On the settings page scroll down to trash and turn it on.

Once it's turned on we can open the trash bin quickly using the tap 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of the main page. Select trash on the menu that opens.

Best regards, 

CLF 

userTOCVxOy3e3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello. I can see the three buttons but I can't see the trash option there. I have files in trash. I can access them after analyzing the storage. When I see them from there, I cannot see the option to restore them. I can only see the option to delete them from trash and to see the properties. 

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

Open my files. Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner. On the menu that opens select settings. On the settings menu scroll down to make sure trash is turned on. 

Once it's turned on go back to the my files app main page, tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner. On the menu that opens select trash and it should open the trash bin

If you're not seeing anything that says trash then you might try looking for a my files version update in the galaxy store.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Screenshot_20201008-141951_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20201008-141930_My Files.jpg

20201008_142624.jpg

useru48Znce3k4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. 

useru48Znce3k4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much.

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@useru48Znce3k4

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find the trash bin. Sometimes these things don't show up the way they're supposed to. Thank you for sharing the results I really appreciate it.

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes