cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: why did oxygen saturation got removed from samsung health?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung,

for me still the most stupid decision they ever did....
before I could dayly measure my oxygen saturation then save it
and show doctors when I had consultations...

now I have to buy a oximeter and they are all other than cheap

sorry Samsung this was very bad move from you

kind regards a disappointed customer

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't believe Samsung hasn't gotten sued off the planet for claiming to be able to measure O2 sats at all.  Here's a statement from the Centre For Evidence Based Medicine at Oxford University:

Smartphones are NO substitute for a real oximeter and using them for clinical results is DANGEROUS.  If you have to have one, spend a few bucks and get the real thing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

for what I used it on my Smartphone, it was precisely enough...
I surely did not use for clinical results nor my doctor, so calm down.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree!  please bring it back.  I recently upgraded from active s8 to s20 and my husbands phone to the s5.  Was assured by reps at store I would have all the same features.  Now I no longer have access to the heart rate and oxygen levels which are so important for everyone to monitor with Covid19.  And its too late to go back to old phone because we had to trade them back in.  Very frustrated loyal sumsung user.  Will look at other oprtion next time if a fix is not provided.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fitzy+ app is providing Heart Rate and Oxygen Saturation for the Galaxy S/Note handsets which are having the HRM sensors. I am using it my S10+ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=plus.fitzy.fitzy_app&hl=en

Got it from their tweet at https://twitter.com/FitzyPlus/status/1292722810066833409

In my S20 I use Fitzy+ for my activity tracking as I like it's UI.flutter_01.png

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
FOR REAL, FIX THIS!!!!!!!
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The real reason is because Samsung wants you to buy the Samsung Watch or Galaxy Fit or Galaxy Watch Active.  If your phone had all the features their watches provided then why would you buy a watch?  Now you see why health features were removed.......pretty sleezy actually.  It's because of this I will actually NEVER buy a Samsung watch of any kind.  It's such a horrible business decision which lacks human compassion.  Especially in a Pandemic!!!!!!!!