cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCfw8475rw4
Constellation

2nd Galaxy Sport Gear Watch fried swimming

The Gear Sport has a water-resistantrating of 5ATM or 50 meters, so evenin the deep end, your activity is recorded. It also has Speedo On—Speedo's new Swim Tracking app—so you can dig into the details. I called and was told it is water resistant yet this clearly says up to 50 meters and there is no way lap swimming takes you under water 50 meters. The watch broke down, it does not keep its word and the person I spoke with kept making it as if I were lying. I bought it to swim and it cant be used for that. 2nd watch damaged... 

2 REPLIES 2
usertSkVOxe5tS
Asteroid

Re: 2nd Galaxy Sport Gear Watch fried swimming

@ links to members

@samsung USA

Same thing happened to mine...and same runaround from Samsung tech support

diagnosis: water damage to motherboard...they want $125 to repair mine (still 3 months left on warranty). I'm still angry!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd Galaxy Sport Gear Watch fried swimming

@userCfw8475rw4 wrote:

The Gear Sport has a water-resistantrating of 5ATM or 50 meters, so evenin the deep end, your activity is recorded. It also has Speedo On—Speedo's new Swim Tracking app—so you can dig into the details. I called and was told it is water resistant yet this clearly says up to 50 meters and there is no way lap swimming takes you under water 50 meters. The watch broke down, it does not keep its word and the person I spoke with kept making it as if I were lying. I bought it to swim and it cant be used for that. 2nd watch damaged... 

Does your warranty cover water damage?  I am very sceptical of this myself...same thing Apple does.  They brag about their phones being IP68 or so, but when device is damaged by water - sorry no warranty, pay for replacement.  Companies can't advertise something that isn't covered.  They pretty much push users towards using devices in water and then backpedal!