cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriLSkr8SnFC
Astronaut

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the LTE version of this watch.

A week later I returned the watch as I was barely getting 1.5 days out of the unit.

The Apple watch doesn't do well either as far as battery life but Samsung advertised at least 3-4 days on the standard watch AFAIK.

user8L2AKvFH2Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello  

I bought my galaxy watch 46 BT in September 

Battery life was great easy 4-5 days of light usage always connected to my I phone via Bluetooth I was very happy with it

Now I updated software to 

newest (R800OXA1BRJ4) one since the update I get max 1.5 day of battery life (shocking!!!!) it’s only two months old!!!!

I even turned most options off 

I reset watch many times restore twice to factory settings and no improvement at all

I charge my watch to 100% before sleeping around midnight 

watch drains the battery just over the night sleep of 5h more than 40% and suddenly died in the evening with most things turned off 

It is just unbelievable 

what is wrong with Samsung?

can it be solved?

any suggestions or ideas what happen to the watch

It will be possible to request refund or exchange?

Regards

Glainer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having major battery drain.  when I first got the watch I was getting over 2 days of battery life, less than 2 weeks later, I'm down to under a day, add that to the fact that I use the watch to track my sleep (I have sleep apnea) and therefore I have to charge it during the day.  it takes forever to charge!  I only added two apps and have since deleted them, I removed the picture sync and the music sync and still the battery just drains....

any help would be appreciated.

usera7H5hwdRsV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Guys. I also have the 46mm and I have been having the same problem. Its after the update that you get battery problems. I have managed to resolve this issue by reseting the device to stock. Immediately when it powers back on after the reset,pair it with the Galaxy wearable then once all is done go to heart rate monitor and choose the Never monitor option. So it wont measure your heart rate unless you tap on measure. Try and tell me if that doesnt help. 

But with that said Samsung does need to resolve this issue cause now it defeats the whole purpose of the watch. We need an Update soon. We paid alot of money for these watches.

MajorMajor
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had no problems with battery life until I did two things

1. wore the watch for sleep tracking but did not enable Goodnight Mode

2. Changed the watch face to 'Frontier'

Looking at the battery use stats on my phone's Galaxy Wearables app it shows battery use from the watch face at 25%.  All teh other apps are at around 6-8%.

Samsung seems to be very quiet on this issue. When was the last operating system update?

userNSC3hsVSwP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought the watch today, carrier is AT&T... I work in wireless, so i'm familiar with turning a lot of the flashy features that are cool off because of the battery drain.  I've literally had to charge my watch TWICE in a single day because it's just bleeding battery power.  I don't really understand why either, but getting 8 hours maximum out of this watch on a full charge and having it for only a day is incredibly disappointing.  I was looking forward to having this watch.... looks great, with cool features.  But if it can't hold a charge at all, there's zero point in having it.  Unless I can figure out a way to extend the battery life without making my watch completely useless, i'm returning it.  Such a shame.  

usero7kdexTlj8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, s health drains so many battery yesterday night.

Before it, it took 5% when I sleep with sleep mode.

But the same condition yesterday it took almost 35%.

And it shows s health cost the most.

userhOozFAco5b
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Categorically the update, no question. I have re-set as factory and not updated and get five days. The app on the phone demanded an update, and back to one day battery life. Re-set factory again without update, and back to five days. Ridiculous and need sorting. Cannot use Galaxy Wearable phone app in th emeantime, contstant demand to update, and takes you back to the drain problem.

Highlighted
userghh9Cj1jPs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I even went as far as disablilng all excercise detection and notification.  Still massive battery drain (by comparison to pre-update)

userA8EqeSePmP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the battery drain issue as well. Charged watch overnight to 100%. By mid day I was down to 50% battery life without having done anything significant on my watch other than check some email.