cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV05jVH7bAi
Astronaut

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes getting just 2days +2 hrs from full 100% charge.im using watch on feature but very little else.

@userQfAEs3dRzK wrote:

First charge of the watch, I got 5 days use out of it. I haven't done much, added a few watch faces, I have very few notifications set to come to the device. Second charge I got about 3 days out of the device. I'm on my third charge and had to charge it after 2 days with Samsung Health draining a massive portion of the battery. I have manual sync turned on, I don't use the workout features, not sure why the app is crushing my battery right now. I can't find a way to disable it, but I do use the step tracking, even though it kind of stinks, and the sleep tracker and heart rate monitor. I'd like to be able to keep using those. Suggestions? Anyone else getting progressively worse battery life?

userghh9Cj1jPs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Want to add another person experiencing significant battery drain.    Battery usage screen on app states S.Health being the biggest drain and while that is a percentage of the total load it is likely the culprit as it was the update that was pushed to my watch that signaled the change in battery life.

I went from 5 days on single charge to 1.5 days with no change in apps, or usage pattern.

I'll wait a few days for update else I'll just return this as in it's current state is impractical.

user98bXcxuMgO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the 46mm Galaxy Watch through Sprint a few days ago upgrading from the Gear S2 Neo finally due to no support.  Honestly I'm thoroughly unimpressed with my purchase and am strongly considering returning this watch.  I I got 6 hours out of a charge today.  I haven't added anything to the watch.  I went through and did all the power saving suggestions.  And then on top of the watch not making it till lunch I can't use Samsung Pay either.  Everytime I try to open the app the watch says it can't find the phone and the phone says that it can't reach the Samsung Pay servers.  $400 paperweight I can't even see the time on after lunch.  Maybe I should just get a $30 Casio at least I'll know when it's 2pm.

userUgjQRAfq5T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for my English I am from Hungary.
I have read all the remarks above since I had been experiencing the same problem (battery draining) .

Since there have been no any solution I tried to find the application which deterioates the battery situation.
I started to uninstall applications one by one and since Spotify  has been uninstalled my watch hardly drains the battery.
Today it has used 4% since 6:30 which is aluable now...

Yesterday it drained to 5% till 19:00 from 7:00.

Despite it solved the problem it is quaint solution because Spotify is esential nowadays...

TonyHarris
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battery life for me has never been much beyond 3 days until the recent watch software update. In the 3hours 30 minutes since the last full charge its down to 73% and I am sitting at my desk 95% of that time.  17% Notifications and 15% Health.  But at least I can now sync the GPS tracked exersize to my phone when it's over 10 miles in length. So one step forward, 2 backwards.  Still won't auto reconnect to both bluetooth channels. Been so close to sending this back.  

usereQ9kOmUzab
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for this tip with Spotify! It solved it for me as well. I get almost 5 days of battery now as opposed to barely 3 days.

But yeah, that's really a shame, as I was using it from time to time. I guess I must rely on the phone for now. 

usertMngYB1iXR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was getting around 2.5 days with Wifi and NFC off but with watch face set to always on.  Fully charged again and turned off watch face always on. Now getting 5 days from the full charge. 

usertMngYB1iXR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to add, after 2 days and 14 hours I have 58% battery left. 

userirIkah2MUe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me aftwr the last update of 4.0.01 the watch battery drain completely changed from 4 days to hardly 1.5 day or 2 maximum with closing Bluetooth overnight. Realky disappointed. Why the update make this? Is there any way to roll back before the update? I hope anyone can help. Specially that no ine from Samsung replt or give any attention. 😖

Highlighted
userzeOF2dt0dH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry but did you get a defective one? I have wifi off, bluetooth on and cellular on (auto). I get about 3 days. Samsung health is on, get and respond to text and emails, weather auto updates every hr. Brightness at a 7 and vibration on and I get about 30 emails a day with non stop text. The only time I see it drain fast is when it's trying to or have a low signal. Like a phone it will drain fast. But I am up at 4am for work and the new Samsung S9 battery is down to 34% at 5 PM, my watch is at 74%.