cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqoiTaNz3Jc
Constellation

Re: 46mm Galaxy Watch battery drain.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still inside my first week with the watch. I love it for the most part. I bought it to replace my Fitbit Charge 2 HR tracker. Vitals and sleep tracking is primary use for me. I'll return it before I shut off any of that tracking, it's what I use it for. I went for the added benefits of a phone connected device. I have the 46mm US Bluetooth version.

I have HR set to always monitor. It syncs with my Samsung Health app and I haven't changed any sync settings for the most part. I did shut off phone notificatioin for watch disconnect re-connect. Got tired of hearing the phone go off every time I walked out of the room if the phone wasn't with me. Watch still notifies me of that which is good in case I meant to take phone with me.

So today is Monday. I took the watch off of the charger at 100% Saturday afternoon. Screen is not set to always on. I am using the Analog Utility watch face with a 3rd sub monitor. I display weather. heart rate and battery charge on the watch face.

Anyhow ... yesterday afternoon, (Sunday) the watch was at 72%. I thought that was pretty good for about 24 hours of use. Especially since I am still playing with it alot since it is new. Then this morning (Monday) I got a power notification, I looked and it was at 15%.  What ?!! So I went in to S Wearable and started looking at each app and battery usage since last full charge. It was Samsung Flow. It was at like 56% of battery. I was playing around yesterday and installed Flow on my desktop. That makes sense since it was what was different from the previous 24 hours. Samsung Health has used 14% but that seems reasonable for about 44 hours since last charge.

I love the watch. I hope I don't have to return it because of drain. I hope Flow was the culprit. Let it back to a full charge and I will update my findings /  experience in a couple of days.

userrpNyum8wbv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had mine just over a week  and battery life is rubbish, im lucky to get 2 days now and im not a heavy user at all.

Im tempted to take it back which is a shame as I like the watch in general.

userqoiTaNz3Jc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

28 hours I'm at 74%

userNA4ZHHlmke
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my watch for Xmas and it was fantastic for the first 3-4 weeks and I'd been getting at least 3.5 days between charges. After I did an update, it started playing up. The first few times it would go flat overnight. I would take it off while slepping (it annoys me having it on), with still 77% after a solid days use, but be flat in the morning. Then it started happenning anytime of the day, as it could have 55% and then be flat in 2-3 hours.

So frustrating and Samsung needs to get their act together, or I will be returning it.

I'm concerned that several APPs have been linked as the culprit, such as Samsung Health, Flow and Email. I don't have Email installed, and have just uninstalled Flow, so I'll see how it goes without that. Can do without it, but would think that Health is a  main part of why you have the watch.

user31uQumnlW3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just purchased the Samsung watch to use with my I phone.  I was aware that some of the featured would not work and was surprised when some of them did.

my dissatisfaction has come from going to bed on day 1 with battery label at 72% (really impressed) to waking up with the battery completely drained.  While I like my sleep pretty sure I was not out for 2 days so a little disappointed.

What should I do?

userKoExDTfxKL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the watch a week, and each day it has lasted less than less. Today I am now down to about 14 hours and it is flat from a full charge this morning. I think I have maybe used the watch 10 times today to check the odd message or alert. I have only about three apps and two watch faces.

Battery life is the most pathetic of any mobile device I have ever purchased

userQUHyvRW6Ip
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this watch since it was released, battery life has always been good. Always lasted me throughout the day, and at the end of the night when I put it to charge there was still plenty of battery life left.  All of a sudden in the last few days or so (I think after the last update). All of a sudden my watch is dying in less than a day. I actually had to charge it at work, so I had about 80% at 12pm, and now at 5pm I am down to 20%. What is going on???

Doretau
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Chiming in on my experience. I've had the watch about 2 weeks and manually grabbed the latest update on 1/25 after seeing someone post it here. My battery life so far has been fine as I get about a solid 3-4 days of use. I don't sleep track and put the watch I to airplane mode at night. My biggest and only gripe is the frustrating raise to wake that doesn't work most of the time. Wish Samsung would fix the functionality!

usertG6PUBKd13
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here; was working fine until the update a few days ago. Now it drains out in less than an hour. I'm stuck here in office today without the charger. Basically it is a 300 dollar paperweight now.

How do you roll back to the older software, pre update?
userQUHyvRW6Ip
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, one thing I noticed. I checked and according to my Galaxy Wearable app, The Samsung Health app has used up over 55% of my watch's battery life yesterday. Now keep in mind, I haven't used the Health app all week, but what I did notice starting on Monday, the App would kick in and give me an inactivity warning if I hadn't moved for a while. Maybe unrelated, but the severe battery drain did seem to coincide with this starting. I went into the app settings on my watch and shut this feature off, so we will see if that fixed the problem  (so far I have been up over 4 hours and my battery is sitting at 95%, so hopefully that was the problem).

OK, so my watch dropped from 90% to 55% in a matter of hours. I checked on my phone, and apparently now my email app is taking up 100% of the battery... 

I don't think it is a coincidence that after the latest update, it is causing Apps to function incorrectly (maybe caught in loops, IDK, but the battery is getting drained quick).