cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdFcNXQgF03
Asteroid

AT&T numbersync for wearables

I have absolutely loved the Gear S2 and now Gear S3 Frontier for  fact that with or with out my phone I can still get calls and text. I love that the texts and calls on my watch vibrate to aleart me when my phone is in silent mode in meetings....or so I did....Suddenly it will not stay connected to my phone/numbersync. Calls and text do not come through if numbersync is turned off. I never turn it off but since the latest software update on the note9 it turns itself off. sometimes repeatedly all day long sometimes it'll stay connected for a week. I have been on the phone with at&t repeatedly. They have reset the phone and the watch, reconnected them each several times. Now they are telling me it's a samsung issue. The watch is essentiallay an overpriced fitbit without numbersync. Can you please fix this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
userxtLjxGDmTJ
Asteroid

Re: AT&T numbersync for wearables

I am having this exact issue with my galaxy active2 and a note 8, anyone know how to fix the issue?

userdFcNXQgF03
Asteroid

I sent my watch in to Samsung. They said it passed all diagnostics. I contacted at&t again several times. They finally transferred new to higher level support who called me back well until the issue was finally fixed, in their end. Try resetting your watch again

userxtLjxGDmTJ
Asteroid

Also my carrier is att as well

Segapasi
Asteroid

I have the same problem.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone bought from AT&T.
About 4 weeks ago (Jan 17th) I got a Samsung Galaxy Watch bought from Best Buy with e-SIM.
Numbersync continuously turns off or is suspended without my consent.
I have no problem setting up Numbersync.
When Numbersync is turned on, it works just fine.
I can leave my phone or turn it off and I am able to make and recieve phone calls on my Galaxy Watch as if the calls were coming from and going to my phone (Note 8).
But after about 15 minutes (time varies), NumberSync is automatically turned off (without my consent).
I can turn it back on then leave the vicinity of my phone or turn my phone off again and everything will work fine again for another 15 mins or so until it turns off automatically again.
I have had 3 separate sessions with AT&T tech support trying to resolve this problem to no avail.
We seem to have tried everything including factory resetting the watch and resetting the mobile networks.
YES, I have an access id.
YES, the software on the watch and the phone are up to date.
I log into AT&T about 10 times a day to turn the NuberSync back on after it automatically turns itself off.

Has anyone found a solution to this particular problem?

userdFcNXQgF03
Asteroid

I spent hours on the phone with mutiple reps from at&t, they finally just said "it's a known problem" and gave me a credit on my account for most of the cost of the watch...I really want this to work! I work in a hotel and I'd like to leave my phone in my office and have my staff be able to reach me anywhere in the building. It's very agravating. Numbersync on my gear2 worked great, my gear 3 worked for about a year, the Active2 hasn't worked since the day I bought it.

Segapasi
Asteroid

I know of 3 other people who have had the galaxy watch and samsung phone that couldn't get numbersync to work properly. All 3 people switched to apple phones and apple smartwatches and numbersync works perfectly.

Maybe I will just keep mobile data always on and blue tooth off.

It will use more battery and the watch won't last as long.

But at this point I am not sure that I want the watch to last a long time.

I don't like apple but who knows maybe I will look into apple after this watch dies.

userdFcNXQgF03
Asteroid

both of my kids have apple watches and phones and they work perfectly on numbersync with at&t. The last time I went in to the local at&t store they said they are discouraging customers from purchasing samsung watches all together.