Original topic:

Ability to turn off Watch Alarm Screen

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 07:20 PM)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
So you know when you have an alarm on your phone and when it goes off, the watch also syncs and gives you a screen to dismiss or snooze it? I feel like we could have the option to disable it(perhaps for certain alarms) since I want to be able to wear my watch, but I dont want an easy access to dismiss my alarm(s) and waking up later than usual. Anyways this may just be a me problem, but id enjoy it 🙂
6 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wear App. Watch settings/notifications/app notifications. Go to clock and toggle the slider off. That should stop the alarms notifications.

PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I dont think its possible to disable the app notifications on the Wear app for Alarms.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

The alarm is a notification function of the clock.  If you turn off notifications for the clock, you won't get the alarms on your watch.

PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh alr. Would this also turn off stopwatches and other modules apart from the alarms?
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Probably. You can set the notification categories in the phone settings. But then if you turn them off I would imagine that you wouldn't get them on the phone. So stopping the clock notifications from The watch app would stop all notifications to the watch. I would imagine you'd still want them on the phone. It is important to note, however that anything that you set on the watch itself will still come through.
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was also getting the alarms on my phone and watch, even though they were set up for phone only. After reading realaud's response I turned off the clock notifications on my watch and now it no longer goes off at the same time as my phone. So thank you, @realaud

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4