JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accessibility Notifications

(Topic created: 10-30-2022 05:24 AM)
Stevesweb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Notification does not stay on screen long enough, Watch3. 

Helping a friend and when a notification is sent to the watch, if goes off before they can raise their arm to see it. Moving their arm quickly is not a option.

Is there a way to increase the notification display to stay on for 15 to 20 seconds? I have looked at newer Watch 4 & 5 for settings/help/community and found nothing.

Seems like this should be an accessibility option. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of notifications being able to be seen for longer period of time on your watch. I would recommend setting up notification reminders on the Galaxy watch 3. Give this link a try for step and different ways to manage notifications on the Galaxy watch 3: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061433/

0 Likes
Stevesweb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The notification reminders were already on, but it doesn't seem to help much. Also, it shows this feature is not available for the Watch 4 or 5.

We just need (standard or accessibility feature) a setting to leave notifications on screen for a few seconds (5, 10, 20, 30....).

It seems this would be a standard feature. How many times has your watch vibrated or made a sound, just to look and just see a watch face?

I have had several Galaxy watches and the arm motion has never really been to reliable. It's like it's made to detect movement for a person standing and raising your arm to in front of your face. If you are sitting typing, receive a notification and just turn your wrist, it does not display the notification. You have to touch the screen, drop your arm to your side and raise it or just pick up your phone.

Maybe someone from Samsung can look into adding this accessibility feature for people that can't raise their arm quickly and need the notification to stay on the screen for a selectable amount of time.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.