cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Active 2 Battery Drain after latest update (Jan 2020)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My partner and I both own Active 2's, and since the last update the watch doesn't last 24 hours. Previously, we'd get 3 days out of them.

I've browsed previous posts on this forum (most of them quite old now) and tried any solutions listed there. I've tried:

Turning both the phone and the watch off and back on.

"Optomise battery usage" in the Battery section of "About Watch" on the wearable app.

Making sure heart rate monitoring only happens every 10 minutes.

Screen brightness is at 1

Most of the drain seems to happen overnight. During the day it drains roughly 30-40% (which is more than it used to) but unless I charge it when I get home, it will be flat when I wake up.

We only purchased the watches in December of 2019, so if it's not something we can fix returning it is still an option.

Attached is the firmware we're running, model number, as well as a screen shot of the battery drain section after last nights sleep (there are a few more '1%' apps that didn't fit in the screen shot). It drained from 100% to <40% over night.

SmartSelect_20200202-113425_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpgSmartSelect_20200202-115213_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpgSmartSelect_20200202-113346_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Active 2 Battery Drain after latest update (Jan 2020)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the additional information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have the device your watch is paired with, the Android/Apple software version on the paired device, and your service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

My phone is an Android Galaxy S9+, Android version 9. My service provider is Optus.

My partners phone is an Android Galaxy S9, Andriod Version 9. Their service provider is Vaya.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perhaps another piece of useful information. After discharging 65% overnight, Galaxy Store is using 25% of the battery life. I had the screen off and Sleep Mode on the whole time (obviously not using the store or any apps from it).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the additional information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Woops! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the us and I am also having this issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Can I have the device your watch is paired with, the Android/Apple software version on the paired device, and your service provider?