cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Active 2 Complete battery drain in hours

I check what is draining the battery and it always has Samsung Health at the top of the list, but honestly the percentage doesn't suggest it's the culprit, it's usually only around 6 or 7%.  Everything else is around 1%.  But something is causing the battery to drain (often overnight, I'll go to bed with around 50% and it's dead by morning, even in sleep mode).

Edit:  I'm reading around and this is a growing problem since AUGUST???  And Samsung doesn't even respond to the problem?  

FAIL, Samsung... massive FAIL.  At least acknowledge the problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Active 2 Complete battery drain in hours

I just bought the Galaxy Watch 3 and I'm have the same problem!! The battery life is AWFUL! I took it off the charger around 5am, it's now 8:30am and it's already down 40%. PLEASE fix!!!
Highlighted
Constellation

Mine was doing that also and I factory reset it and no more problems

Highlighted
Astronaut

GWA2 Battery Drain

Started experiencing drastic battery drain on my Galaxy Watch Active 2 a few weeks ago. Watch indicates it's connected to bluetooth, but Wear App says it's disconnected. Battery drains in a matter of hours. I've tried turning off WiFi & cycled the Bluetooth function, but nothing seems to help other than powering off the watch and restarting it. I also get no notification that bluetooth has dropped or I'm experiencing battery drain. 

Supremely frustrating and disappointing. Has anyone else experienced this or discovered a workaround? Or is Samsung working on an update to address this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: GWA2 Battery Drain

Get it together, Samsung! How hasn't this been fixed yet? Roll back the updates and start over if you have to. This bug makes the watch completely unusable. And since I wasted even more money on the LTE version, I'm essentially paying $10/month to have cell service on an overpriced paperweight.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: GWA2 Battery Drain

Most frustratingly when I had a chat with support they claim to have no knowledge of the issue.  Really?!?  Even the most cursory search finds many cases. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem since the past two updates.  I've noticed mine seems to be associated with the Music App.  If I open an audio app on my phone and use it for a bit and don't clear the app, my watch goes dead quick.  If I check the Wearable App to see what uses the battery most it shows the top one to be the Music App.

I like to listen to music when I go to sleep that means my watch will be dead in the middle of the night every time.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This is exactly what is happening to me. Massive fast drain since the last two updates. Doesn't matter if the music is bluetoothed to my Galaxy Buds or my car. It's the music app draining the watch. I've done two factory resets and they did not fix a thing. Very very frustrating. I just purchase this watch (Active 2) 5 weeks ago as an upgrade from my Galaxy Watch that I have owned for over two years. Super dissapointed.