Original topic:

Active 2 Has Run-amok after update

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 07:39 PM)
bluehaze911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Last night, I updated the Active 2 to version R820XXU1DUE3/R820OXA1DUE3. First thing that happened was an alarm that I did not create went off at 4am. Since then, the watch intermittently changes screens all by itself. I rebooted the phone but it continued to happen. I then decided to reset to factory defaults. Now the watch has difficulty responding to touch and if I try too many times to do something, it gets a mind of its own and starts changing screens or does nothing at all. Swiping down from the top no longer does anything so can't get to the quick panel. Voice assistant randomly turned itself on & is giving me constant updates on the time & other things it's doing on its own. Is there any way to back out the latest update?

4 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Unfortunately there is no way to back out of the latest update, however you could send in your device to Samsung repair facility or a Samsung certified repair center for an inspection.

Link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request/mail-in/

* If the issue is software related then your device may need to be shipped to a Samsung repair facility

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

0 Likes
bluehaze911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch is no longer under warranty. Since this is a result of the update, will Samsung cover the cost?
0 Likes
Double-D-Jr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well will not by one of those things 😉 thanks for sharing.
0 Likes
useryZru8eDPMa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same experience after upgrade, it has gone crazy and unusable