cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userZYX5ByPOXh
Asteroid

Active 2 - Read notifications using bluetooth headphones - not working

Under the text-to-speech option, there is a setting to allow notifications to be read aloud using bluetooth headphones. I have this setting on but my notifications aren't being read aloud. I do have my volume settings to silent. Does anyone know if this could be the problem? Is there a certain volume setting I should have turned on? I only want the notifications to be read out loud via bluetooth headphones. 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Active 2 - Read notifications using bluetooth headphones - not working

If your notification settings are set to silent when the Bluetooth headset is connected it would not be able to give you an auditory notification since they are all silenced. Try connecting your headset then turning your notification sound setting up and testing it then.

userZYX5ByPOXh
Asteroid

I got it to work by turning the watch media volume on when I have BT headphones connected. However, it seems that when I am listening to music, it will stop reading notifications which is unfortunate... I don't wear headphones unless I'm listening to music lol

userZYX5ByPOXh
Asteroid

Also, you have to keep the watch to vibrate only setting when having BT headphones connected. In sound on mode, all the sounds will emit from BOTH the watch and the BT headphones. I want the watch to be silent but I want the sounds to emit through my BT headphones. After experimenting with all the settings for a very long time, the only way to achieve this is to set the watch to vibrate, and turn the volume for all the sounds off, except for media. Media sounds will only emit through BT headphones when they are connected. It's not very self intuitive and the user manual doesn't clarify any of this. 

Honored Contributor

@userZYX5ByPOXh wrote:

Also, you have to keep the watch to vibrate only setting when having BT headphones connected. In sound on mode, all the sounds will emit from BOTH the watch and the BT headphones. I want the watch to be silent but I want the sounds to emit through my BT headphones. After experimenting with all the settings for a very long time, the only way to achieve this is to set the watch to vibrate, and turn the volume for all the sounds off, except for media. Media sounds will only emit through BT headphones when they are connected. It's not very self intuitive and the user manual doesn't clarify any of this. 

My Galaxy Watch came on vibrate by defaul and I kept it that way.  Did your Active 2 came having silent mode on or you changed it from vibrate to silent?