Galaxy Watch

After update battery drains excessively 

0 Likes
3 Replies
joshuacampbell09
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

So it appears that this is not just 1 type of Samsung Watch because I have the Galaxy Watch3 & started having horrible battery issues about 2 weeks ago. Like a worse discharge rate than any of brands of watches that typically only last about a single day and must be charged every night. My Watch3 seems to be draining battery at such a rapid rate that it needs charge 2 or 3 times a day without me literally doing nothing but wearing it. I can put it on at 100% and if I happen to look at it within 30 minutes or so I am already down to 90% or lower... Up until 2 weeks or so ago my watch would easily last me a good 2 day stretch without needing a charge, and now I can't even make it half a day? I have factory reset it at least 5 times during this time period, and when this all first started happening it kept disconnecting from my phone and the Wear App could not find it unless I rebooted both phone and watch or factory reset the watch. I do believe I have somewhat isolated the issue on the Watch3 but I am not sure if it would be the same issue with you watch. If you go into the Wear App on you phone and go into the Apps section of your watch from your phone and go to manage apps where the whole list of watch apps are displayed with the delete options. From there if you go through and individually click each app you can see how much battery each app has used individually since the last charge. When I do this I can clearly tell that this issue with my watch is coming from apps that I either do not use at all or rarely use..... i.e. Those awesome pre installed apps like Bixby for  1 which I have been a Samsung Customer for many devices and years now, and I can honestly say the only time I have even opened Bixby was by total accident, and I have never once used it at that. Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Health Monitor, the stock Music App seem to be the issue which I find odd considering I have them all hidden and currently allow no permissions to any of those apps, but yet they are all drawing around 4% to 5% each time I wear my watch. Which does not seem like much, but when you are talking 5 apps draining 5% each over the course of just a quarter of a day or so that is already pushing close to half battery in just a quarter of the day given you send a message or two from the watch or have wake up gesture on. Not meaning to ramble here, but I am not the happiest person about this because I have owned many Smart Watches and stuck with Samsung over the past couple of years because they are the only Android compatible watches that are excellent on battery life, that is until this last month as it appears this update has now affected the Galaxy Watch, Active 2, and the Watch3 from what I am reading on here and other sites. Hoping there is a fix very soon because as of now my watch is kinda useless.

Options
Galaxy Watch
They should fix it
0 Likes
K_in_Kailua
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Josh, If you do not use the Samsung Health app on your phone un install and see how that affects your batter life.  I am having the same issue and when I manually disconnect the watch in wearable app my battery life is significantly better.  I have also uninstalled the samsung health app from my phone and the battery life was back to the advertised value.  With the Samsung Health app removed the wearalbe app can be paired with the phone with normal battery life.   I have had two Watch 3.  the first one I thought was defective and returned under warranty.  The second was doing the same thing, so I do not believe it is the watch that is faulty.  Must be an app draining the battery.  I strongly suspect it is the Samsung Health app on the phone continually pinging the watch for data. I have not had the energy to call Samsung about the app after spending countless hours trying to troubleshoot the  watch I thought was broken.