JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Overheating

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 01:37 PM)
AdamP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen about 4-5 times a day, not sure what to do, it's only two weeks old.

80 Replies
userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

There is no solution. I have a $600 watch, motherboard, battery and back compartment have been replaced. When I got the watch back it did it again the first day I tried to use it. Resetting doesn't work, watch hasnt seen water, only used samsung charger. Its a crappy expensive design. I can't even sell the <edit> thing because unlike Samsung, I would feel bad for lying and selling a broken product to another person. Lost case without hope. No answer from samsung. I feel bad for the people that made samsung rich from their lies and crappy products. Had a samsung tv, lines appeared within a year. Galaxy active 10 phone fingerprint scanner wasn't useful, samsung tablet, always crashes... hopefully I learnt my lesson and will stop supporting the rich get richer with lies and lack of intelligence 

0 Likes
userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

There is no solution. I have a $600 watch, motherboard, battery and back compartment have been replaced. When I got the watch back it did it again the first day I tried to use it. Resetting doesn't work, watch hasnt seen water, only used samsung charger. Its a crappy expensive design. I can't even sell the <edit> thing because unlike Samsung, I would feel bad for lying and selling a broken product to another person. Lost case without hope. No answer from samsung. I feel bad for the people that made samsung rich from their lies and crappy products. Had a samsung tv, lines appeared within a year. Galaxy active 10 phone fingerprint scanner wasn't useful, samsung tablet, always crashes... hopefully I learnt my lesson and will stop supporting the rich get richer with lies and lack of intelligence. Samsung wont give you your money back, they keep it. Its extremely frustrating, besides the fact that they lied about ecg!

0 Likes
userATwczfS5tC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I have always been a samsung person since I can remember. I've always supported there products, but here lately all of my samsung products have not been working. Starting with my active watch 2. I've had it less then a year and its over heating for no reason and dying with in less then 9 hours of use. I've had my watch sent and they said they had fixed the problem, but 2 days later it started with the over heating and not being able to get my calls. I called customers service and they told me to keep an eye on my watch and I have for 4 days and it just started to over heat again for no reason, but this time the battery is dying even quicker then 9 hrs of normal use and not getting my calls so I am paying for a service on my watch that I can't even use. Well on top off all this I just purchased a set of washer and dryer samsung product as well and guess what it isn't work well either.  Call them they sent someone else and they couldn't fix the proble problem when they can so I am having to wait to see when I get that fixed 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you with your Galaxy active watch 2. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

$600 watch. I had the exact same issue, watch went in for repair, they replaced the motherboard, back cover, battery. After they sent it back, the first day I wore it again it overheated and shut down. I sent it in again, they said it is going to be returned as nothing is wrong and case is closed. I took pictures with date and timestamps proving theres something wrong. Their intelligence amazes me. I also paid $600 for a new paperweight that can't be used. They won't help me, they are calling their paying customers liars.

0 Likes
userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch did the same thing, I sent it in and they replaced the battery, main board, and back cover. When I got the watch back it continued to do the same thing again. I took pictures with date and timestamps. The watch was sent away again. Samsung just notified me that there is no issue and the watch works so the case is closed. I dont know what to do as I know they are lying, I have pictures of the watch overheating at 9:30 am when its cool outside. This is a very common  problem, yet they have ahoved me off saying there's nothing wrong.

0 Likes
userfEonsu7dTD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch keeps overheating and it happens as soon as I turn the watch on and put it on my wrist. I do not sleep in my watch and excerise is at a minimal. I have tried everything via the previous post of an overheating watch but nothing has resolved the issue. Please advise.

0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps for this such as resetting the watch through either the Galaxy Wearables application or through the settings menu on the watch itself? Have you noticed any patterns with when the message appears?
0 Likes
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wouldn't take any chances on trying to fix it manually. You may just need to contact Samsung and see if its a manufacturer issue.
0 Likes
userWreHTbBFtw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My samsung galaxy active 2 is brand new and it constantly gives me overheating warnings and then shuts down. This happenes multiple times a day and causes my battery to almost instantly drain. I'm very unhappy. This is not the quality I expect from samsung and clearly lots of people are having this problem and yet the device is still being sold to new users. UNACCEPTABLE!!

0 Likes