JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Overheating

(Topic created: 10-17-2020 11:43 PM)
AdamP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen about 4-5 times a day, not sure what to do, it's only two weeks old.

80 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you exercising with the device on or is this just regular use? Do you live in a humid area?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userv2yWpQA4UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

In normal use. I live in a low humidity area

0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps for this such as resetting the watch through either the Galaxy Wearables application or through the settings menu on the watch itself? Have you noticed any patterns with when the message appears?

If you have attempted the troubleshooting steps and they have not solved your problem I would be happy to assist you further. Please send your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userv2yWpQA4UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have reset many times. It occurs within 30 mins when I go out of range of my phone or if my phones bluetooth is off. It will overheat, cool itself off and then drain the battery very quickly.

userJLSPzaeMy2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my watch since December. I've had the exact same issue. As soon as my watch connects to lte within 10 seconds it overheats. This is a serious problem that samsung needs to solve. I even tried getting the watch exchanged from telus for a new one but they wouldn't because it wasn't classified as a known issue. And this has been an ongoing thing for months. This watch is useless to use without a phone and its litterally the point of why I bought it. Now it just sits as a $600 paperweight

userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the exact same issue, watch went in for repair, they replaced the motherboard, back cover, battery. After they sent it back, the first day I wore it again it overheated and shut down. I sent it in again, they said it is going to be returned as nothing is wrong. I took pictures with date and timestamps proving theres something wrong. Their intelligence amazes me. I also paid $600 for a new paperweight that can't be used. They won't help me, they are calling their paying customers liars.

userRqHqkQJZ67
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've tried resetting the watch and it still over heats and the battery gets drained super quick. Only had the watch for a few months.

userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exact same problem, sent it in 2 times, now their telling me there's nothing wrong, calling me a liar. I took pictures and have proof that it doesn't work.

userXHSuMJtTt5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Should have purchased Apple watch than this piece of garbage. Samsung is putting inferior proucts in the market. LTE Active 2 Overheats and shuts down. All the solutions are useless.  Can't believe spent $700 CAD on this garbage 

userI7vRYYMo8q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the exact same issue, watch went in for repair, they replaced the motherboard, back cover, battery. After they sent it back, the first day I wore it again it overheated and shut down. I sent it in again, they said it is going to be returned as nothing is wrong. I took pictures with date and timestamps proving theres something wrong. Their intelligence amazes me. I also paid $600 for a new paperweight that can't be used. They won't help me, they are calling their paying customers liars.