Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Touch Screen Won't Respond

(Topic created: 07-26-2021 06:13 AM)
JelaniGNatural
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2, I've had it for about 18 months or so, and I've showered with it and gone swimming with it, no problem. Just this last weekend I got into the pool with it, was only in about 5 minutes but when I came out it started acting funny and now I can't get the touch screen to function at all, so I can't turn it off. The watch can still receive a charge but when I wear it, it won't respond to touches. The physical buttons still work, though.

What can I do?

4 Replies
userAqJ912cHbJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my watch for just over a year.  A month ago it started with phantom touches, changing screens, display not responding to touches, screen flashing bright when turning on from AOD, screen went to white lines for a few seconds one day, and the list goes on.  The last time I swam with my watch on was when it was new a year ago and I don't wear it in the shower.  My watch  has not been dropped and looks like new.

One user mentioned they found a solution that they shared with Samsung privately, but that solution is nowhere to be found.

This watch was not cheap, as we all know and should not have all of these wide spread issues.

userUs8pwyFhls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've got the same issue. I dont shower with my watch either then all of a sudden it started to spaz out. Unbelievable that samsung has not given is a solution for this. Starting to thing this is on purpose so we can either pay to fix it or pay for a new watch. smh
userJtg20kEdjl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This has also started with my watch at well. I did nothing different and it just started going crazy and the touch screen will not work. This was done on purpose.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. Did your watch also stop working when it was placed in water? Do the physical buttons still work? Is your watch still connected to the wearable app? Have you tried resetting your watch through the wearable app? Here are the steps.

0 Likes