Original topic:

Active 2 Won't Link With Samsung Pay On My Note 10+

(Topic created: 12-10-2019 01:38 AM)
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have a Note 10+.

I just upgraded my original Galaxy Watch to an Active 2.

I hold down the back button to launch Samsung Pay on the watch, put in my pin, and the watch says, "Get ready to use Samsung Pay on your phone.

It launches this page on my phone, but the "start" button is unresponsive, like it's grayed out.

20191210_031316.jpg

Or it's just frozen because sometimes this update screen pops up over it. And the update never starts when I hit update.

Screenshot_20191210-025118_Samsung Pay (Watch plug-in).jpg

It just does nothing, and then sometimes the update window just pops back up.

All the while the watch just says, "stay connected to your phone".

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Samsung Pay app, problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated, as I would like to pay using my watch whenever possible.

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

And I just went into the Samsung Pay section in the Galaxy Wearable app, and it says my software is up to date.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried force stopping, and clearing the cache and data for your Samsung pay app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just tried it even though my saying I tried deleting and reinstalling the app obviously accomplishes the same thing.

Same problem.

I went into the Samsung Pay app after, verified both my cards again.

Then when I hold the back button on my brand new Active 2, it launches Samsung Pay on the watch and says, "Check your phone".

The first screenshot I posted launches on my phone.

And now I don't ever get  the update prompt anymore, as I shouldn't because the software is up to date.

But I still just get that screen with the START button grayed out.

My watch just says, "stay connected to phone" indefinitely.

Nothing happens.

This is frustrating.

A brand new Active 2, and I can't use my favorite feature on it.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Pay team directly at 1-844-726-7297.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know what the phone representative did, but she fixed it!

Thank you for that number.

She took my watch serial and model number, and next thing you know, the START button was no longer grayed out in the Samsung Pay section of the Galaxy Wearable app.

So happy now, thanks!

0 Likes