Original topic:

Active 2 back detached - warranty not honored

(Topic created: 01-03-2022 09:40 AM)
userdoyUiivlh6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I was taking my Active 2 watch off the charger one day and the back separated from the watch body like the glue just didn't exist anymore. So I contacted support and they said to send it in and it would be fixed under warranty, as long as there was no liquid damage. I said that there certainly could be liquid damage since the seal was gone, and who knows how long it's been compromised for. I don't intentionally expose it to water, but there's rain droplets, hand washing, etc. But the watch was working fine still, just literally falling apart. They said, "That's fine, it will be repaired."

So I sent it in and then they sent me a repair bill for $208 because they say there is liquid damage. I bought this watch directly from the Samsung Shop 8 months ago for $160. This is just incredibly sad. I have never seen such absurd customer service. A very nice rep on the phone told me there's nothing she could do, but I could call the repair center so they could "explain to me about the liquid damage they found." But they're not open today, January 3, because it's a holiday? So I would need to waste more hours of my life on another day to try and talk them into honoring their warranty, or even to get them to return the watch unfixed.

Nah, I think I'm done. If someone from Samsung wants to contact me, that's fine, but I'm done wasting time on hold just to hear the same ridiculous stuff. 

Keep in mind that they still advertise this with water splashing on it, and the following:

"Keeps up where you go

Take your watch along on the road less traveled. Galaxy Watch Active2 goes where you go with an IP68 and 5ATM water and dust rating plus military grade durability to handle a range of conditions, so you can keep it on to go farther and experience more."

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch-active2/#life-style

2 Replies
Eurotech
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same experience. I sent my active 2 in for repair, under warranty, for touch screen malfunction. When I received it back the problem was still present so I sent it back in and they told me there was water damage and wouldn't cover the watch under warranty. Voided my warranty within 8months for water damage after they had repaired it a week before with no damage. I never swam or took showers with it. Terrible customer service.
0 Likes
userYVDFN6yZDF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just tried opening a ticket. They try to blame the consumer for faulty manufacturing. The charger overheats and melts the glue backing the cover. Also sweat/persperation could affevt cheaply-made cover. Was told watch not under warranty. Woukld cost $70 to take a look at it. Asked me if I dropped it or got it wet. Leading questions so they can tell you it's your fault, not the company's. Only had it 14 months. 🤬🤬
0 Likes