cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Active 2 broken after update

I can't be the only one noticing that the Active2 is completely broken after the "major" update  

Here are just a few facts:  Always On display goes black. 

Touching the calorie counter leads you to the date, instead the weekly overview. 

In fact there is no more a weekly calorie comparison, I miss that. 

Tapping the step counter to route you to the weekly overview works only on some of the watch faces. 

ECG is not working - I know many here have the same issue. Same goes for Blood Oxygen. 

The super cool and useful health widget with steps, floors, heart rate and calorie is gone, and now the calorie counter is replaced with the sleep control (that's what I really don't need in my fitness watch) and te floors are replaced with a thumbnail that routes you to the new ugy version of the stress meter. Why? I want this old widget back. 

In fact, I want everything back that I had in my old version. 

The new, anticipated features sound good on paper, but they are not working. And the new design of the widgets plus the missing features make this watch less usable, less enjoyable. 

Is there a way to roll back to the old Tizen version, to undo this awful update?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Active 2 broken after update

samsung is aware of the issue and the course of action for you is to have the hardware replaced. you will have to mail it in though, and I had the same issue but once the motherboard was replaced its good to go
Highlighted
Asteroid

Why should I send in my watch when it was working fine before the update? I just want to roll back to how it was before, I want to uninstall the update

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you're unable to get the ECG application to work properly, and all other features of the watch seem to be working correctly. We'd like for you to contact our specialized team to check this out, and go into some further details about your experience and what you're seeing. 

This team is avaliable for calls Monday Thru Friday 9AM-6PM EST. 

1-855-795-0509 option #6

Alternatively you can also reach this team by email:

support@samsungecg.zendesk.com 

If you reach out, please make sure to provide your Community Username to the ECG Team! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am out of warranty and I am not willing to pay for something that was working before the update. 

I don't care about the Blood oxygen and the ECG. I just want my always on dispay to stay always on (again) and I want my calorie counters, floor counters... back to normal

Highlighted
Constellation

so this would be a free repair, this issue was discovered when they were testing the update prior to releasing
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for letting me now. Still I won't do it. Don't want to be weeks without my watch

Highlighted
Constellation

I've recent just sent mine in for repair and got it back in a week
Highlighted
Asteroid

That's fast, I might do that. Thanks for letting me know