cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Active 2 doesn't get all features with iPhone

Hi all,

First time I am buying a mobile product other than Apple's. I bought Active 2 because it looked really nice and because of the features it offered.

Now I see, only because I use an iPhone, I don't get all of the features. It doesn't make sense to me. I hope Samsung doesn't think that I will switch to a Samsung phone just because of this watch.

I tried to get answers, but the support always gives me the same answer "it is not compatible with all devices". So why is it not?

For example, what could be the reason that "My Style" watch face is not available when paired with iPhone? I don't see any technical limitation that would prevent having this feature. Or the same way, Camera controller? The app can request permission for the camera, it certainly can send faces to the watch so why not having these features?

Can someone explain?

Is Samsung acting like Apple? Just put limitations because the phone is not Samsung? I think yes, and that is ridiculous. This will be my first and last Samsung device.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Active 2 doesn't get all features with iPhone

This is because of apple's design, there phones are not compatible with some device due to there limitations they put on there devices.

I found a post about another Samsung watch but the reasons should be the same

"For starters, due to Apple’s restrictions, users are unable to respond to notifications on their wrist. They can only view short summaries of alerts and mark them as read, which makes the Gear S3 more of a notifier than a smartwatch when paired with an iPhone."

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/01/12/heres-a-complete-list-of-features-that-are-missing-from-the-gea...

Highlighted
Asteroid

hi @Je655 , thanks for the reply.

I don't think this is Apple Design and limitation related issue. Not having MyStyle watch face has nothing to do with Apple.

Highlighted
Comet

Have you tried all the options listed on Samsung's post about how to customize watch faces

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080308/

"Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, phone or watch."

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes i tried. The problem is this my style feature doesnt come when pairing with an iphone. And i dont understand why samsung would do this

Highlighted
Astronaut

In my view, this is a direct result of Samsung's desire to use customers, not serve them.  Apple, on the other hand makes money by serving customers, not misusing their data. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't know how Apple watch is limited when paired with an Android device but I totally agree with you.

For me, if a feature is not going to be available that should only be because there are technical limitations. For the features I mentioned, there is absolutely no limitation by iOS.

Hope Samsung makes the app almost identical to the Android one.