cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhbyw1WcwDl
Astronaut

Active 2 - glass already scratched

I have only had this watch 2 days and there is already a scratch. Gorilla glass must not be as tough as regular glass. Anyone else experience this?

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Active 2 - glass already scratched

I have lightly scratched and bumped my watch but it did not leave any marks. I did order a case cover to protect my face watch from Amazon. So far I like the case. 

Supernova

@userhbyw1WcwDl wrote:

I have only had this watch 2 days and there is already a scratch. Gorilla glass must not be as tough as regular glass. Anyone else experience this?

@userhbyw1WcwDl 

I don't have Active 2 but do have Galaxy Watch for almost a year, there are no marks either on body or glass.  My watch does have rotating bezel and glass sits a bit low...

Flash_
Constellation

My wife and I both have the Active 2. Had them since launch. We've both bumped our watch's against stuff and no marks..

userisd3frDynj
Constellation

Had same problem, had mine about a week and as my wife and I were walking through the mall the diamond on her left hand gashed my new watch. I almost cried! I thought Gorilla glass was tougher than that but about $72 and a few days later, I had my watch repaired by Samsung. They did not consider this a warranty issue and though my expectations were higher, I was glad to have it back in pristine condition. Now, I'm agonizing over a screen protector but so far I'm just being extra careful! 

userKfAZHgHsgy
Constellation

How did you go about finding a repair location? 

userFxfzflOkKK
Astronaut

I can understand that you thought that the gorilla glass is very though and it is indeed a softer version, gorilla glass 3, than the newest, 6. But when it comes to scratching basically any material, it depends on the hardness of the other material and diamonds are extremely hard, so you will scratch about anything with a diamond. Hopefully you will take the danger off these hard materials into consideration for anything precious you carry or walk by and not just your watchSmiley Happy

userKfAZHgHsgy
Constellation

I am so furious about mine. I had my Fitbit for 2 years and after workouts, cleaning, yard work.. it had a tiny scratch. This one I've had for a month and yesterday I did some light housework with it on and today it's basically ruined. Unless some demons attacked me in my sleep, there is nothing I can think of that would have caused this damage. 15746180895272400462811915779999.jpg

user4esdzZ49Z8
Astronaut

I am facing the same problem. After 2 days a noticed a small scratch around the bezel area. And again I just brushed my arm against a pillar and my screen got a permanent mark of it. It's been only a week and I have realized it is not durable at all. Very disappointed 

Remember guys. It's not as durable as previous models due to the rotating bezel