JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 - junk/advertisement Messages

(Topic created: 07-07-2020 11:20 AM)
userYkFvNYBQPc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the Active 2 and it's paired with my Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. I have had this happen on my previous phone as well... I will receive a junk/ad text message notification on my watch however it does not appear on my phone. This has happened 3 times all from different numbers. I eventually figured out how to block the number from my watch but wondering if this is going to be the new way of junk mail or if anyone else has experienced this.

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is your watch Bluetooth or LTE?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYkFvNYBQPc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Both - I am connected to my phone via Bluetooth 99% of the time but it does have LTE capabilities.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does your watch have a separate number from your phone's number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYkFvNYBQPc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes there is a phone number attached to it on my Sprint bill however I don't ever use it or know what it is for... I am not the most tech savy.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

The number for your watch is what allows you to receive the LTE services on the watch. However, it may be that the number is enrolled for text. I would reach out to Sprint to see if they are able to assist with blocking or unsubscribing the number from text. You should still be able to receive the text from your phone.