JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 microphone stopped working

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 04:18 PM)
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, has anyone experienced their Active 2 microphone not working! 

Verizon is currently sending out a 5th watch since December.  The previous 4 have quit working.  None have been abused or even heavily used.  I can make calls but the other person can't hear me.   Help!!

18 Replies
userSWOsI5h0Ot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm on my third Active 2 since the end of February, because of this exact same problem. I've seen many posts and requests for help, but no response from Samsung. Troubleshooting with their support team did not yield any results either. They recommended I exchange the watch. By my third watch, I thought it was related to Bixby, so I didn't enable Bixby. Alas, the microphone stopped working after a couple weeks regardless. Restarting, rebooting, resetting, clearing caches, uninstalling/reinstalling the wearable app and connecting to a different phone did not fix the microphone. I really hope Samsung reaches out and fixes the problem soon.

0 Likes
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for reply.  Samsung denies it's a problem.  Guess I'll send it to them and quit getting replacements sent from Verizon.   

0 Likes
userSWOsI5h0Ot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Odd that Samsung denied it's an issue. They rolled out an update last night for the watch, and today my microphone is working. Fingers crossed that it continues to work. I hope yours is working as well!

0 Likes
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My last update was on April 3rd.  Checked and nothing new pending.  Microphone still not working.  My replacement will be here tomorrow and I'm hoping it doesn't happen to it.   

0 Likes
userSWOsI5h0Ot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I guess I don't understand Samsung. I'd figure everyone would get the latest update at the same time. Not sure if it helps, but my Watch Active 2 Plugin version is 2.2.08.20040151 and my software version is R830XXU1BTD3 . I tried to find more information about the update, but was unable to locate anything. Good luck!

0 Likes
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, totally different from mine.  R825USQU1ASI1

0 Likes
userSWOsI5h0Ot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

After I posted about the most recent update fixing my microphone, I found this morning that my microphone hasshas working again. I'm dumbfounded. Have you had any luck with your watch working again?

0 Likes
userqAkQ0hVPXp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm in my 6th watch.  I've had it a couple weeks and so far so good.  One thing that I haven't done is do a restore.  Perhaps one of the programs I downloaded was responsible.  Just out of curiosity, do you have a program installed that let's you use a custom ring tone? 

0 Likes
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the watches onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes