Original topic:

Active 2 screen randomly stopped working

(Topic created: 06-18-2021 08:24 AM)
mojopin33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have had my Galaxy active 2 for just over a year and one morning wake up to the screen being totally non-functional. The side buttons work. I performed at least four factory resets. The screen is in totally flawless condition there's not even a scratch on it. I contacted the local certified Samsung repair center and was told that the part to repair it cost almost as much as the watch itself. So am I basically stuck with no watch now?

6 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yup
0 Likes
bluehaze911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did this happen after installing the latest update? Several of us are having similar issues after updating the watch OS.
mojopin33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes but not immediately. It was at least a week prior
0 Likes
userkNWM01NWe2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the exact same issue you mention.  My Active2 stopped working after last update.

I understand Samsung wants to charge to repair this issue that is caused by their own software update.

Has anyone checked the cost of this repair by Samsung?

bluehaze911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
They told me I would have to send it in to be evaluated then would let me know the charge. They require your credit card before they'll send the shipping label to you to send it in but was assured there would be no charges until they talk to me first & I can then decide whether to have it fixed or not. I have not sent it in because their credit card system was down so they wouldn't send the mailing label.
0 Likes
mojopin33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I never trust anyone who begins with "I just need your credit card number first." I'm barely a full month outside of warranty.. I realize that still is out of warranty but this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue. I highly doubt this is a hardware issue because I could literally put my watch in a box and convince people it's new. So that leaves software.. mine didn't fail immediately after update but at least a week later. That's odd but still the most likely cause. Don't see why they don't issue a patch and I can send it to the watch.. I can get into recovery mode