Original topic:

Active 2 watch handwriting issue

(Topic created on: 1/19/21 5:47 PM)
Samsung_fwozf2X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought a brand new galaxy active 2 & I haven't had any problems out of it until today. I'm trying to enable the handwriting feature, but every time I try to it tells me to download the update for my English keyboard, but it won't download. Any advice would help!

0 Likes
8 Replies
V3RSACHI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you try going through the settings in the wearable app?
0 Likes
user0T8uR7JG5X
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exact same issue as her, i can download any other language except English(US). When i go into the wearable app and try to download that it sends me to the watch to download

0 Likes
V3RSACHI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe try resetting the keyboard settings?
0 Likes
Samsung_fwozf2X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried that. The only thing I haven't tried yet is factory resetting it.. I'm hoping I don't have to do that, but I think it might be my only option at this point. I did download a software update, I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

0 Likes
V3RSACHI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
The update might be the reason, you can hold out and see if they patch it or you can reset your watch. Just make sure your watch info is backed up so you can recover it. was the update for the watch or your phone?
0 Likes
Samsung_fwozf2X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well now I don't feel so alone lol. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset my watch. I'm hoping I don't have to do that.

0 Likes
Samsung_fwozf2X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, & I went to the settings through the messages on the watch. I also went through the settings through the galaxy wearables on my phone & it still didn't work either. I'm also connected to wifi on my watch too. I even went to youtube to look for answers & couldn't find anything.

0 Likes
V3RSACHI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
The only thing I can think of is resetting the keyboard settings through the app under General and then Input
0 Likes