cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Active 2 watch not getting updated with the latest software

Hi There,

Within the last 4-6 weeks, my Active 2 watch battery went from lasting 2 full days to sometimes lasting only 5-7 hrs.  I was doing some research and I found that there is a software update for the watch that was release on Sept 10, 2020.  Here is the Samsung article link, or you can just google it.

https://news.samsung.com/global/new-software-updates-enable-galaxy-watch-active2-users-to-live-healt...

I was in chat with a Samsung rep and he said that the new software update will address alot of the issues, including the battery issue, as well as putting new functionality on the watch.  Today is 9/18/202 and my watch still has not been updated with the latest software.  My watch software is R830XXU1BTF3.  He said that the update will be OTA and go out in batches, so some may get it sooner and other will get it later.  It's been over a week and still no updates. I'd been going to the Samsung Wear app and manually clicking on update software but it stays my phone is up to date. But it was last updated in July 2020.

I'm wondering if any of you got the update that was release in Sept 2020? Maybe I need to be more patient but I really want the latest update since it should correct the battery issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Active 2 watch not getting updated with the latest software

I wish Samsung has faster update for Watch.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I am having the same issue with battery life and waiting on the update. I wish they would be faster with making sure everyone gets the update. Especially since they know people are having issues.
Highlighted
Asteroid

YES. I finally got the updates!!!   I checked for the update via the Wear application. There were actually 2 updates. One was about 11mbs in size. Think that was to update the Tizen version, and after, I went back in and checked for the second update,  since I heard that the functionality update was huge, and it is, the second one was 260 mbs.  I hope this resolves both the battery issue and the bluetooth random disconnects, and my watch also now have the new functions - VO2 monitor, detecting falls, etc.