cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Active 2 watch screen not working

The screen stopped responding to touch. Apps are opening on their own. Notifications are still going to the watch but I cant touch to access it. The buttons on the side are still working though. Please assist. This watch is too buggy. I'm regretting purchasing it!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Active 2 watch screen not working

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I'd love to try and help!

Have you tried rebooting your device? If the screen isn't responsive but the side buttons are still working you can reboot your device by holding the bottom right button for a few seconds until you see it say "Rebooting"

Try that and see if it helps. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello userTGkBOhA4vj,

I understand your frustration with this issue. If the rebooting process does not work- I would recommend  attempting to locate the settings and tap on "Accessibility" and then see if any of the options are enabled- the watch may be on accessibility mode.

If this does not work either- then possibly contacting 1800 Samsung to send the device in for service. 

Hope This Helps!

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's not accessibility if it keeps restarting over and over on it's own. Even after a reset it's doing its own thing, cycling through all the apps, changing backgrounds. I've got it to work again not there are parts of the screen that do no respond to touch at all. Eg I cant swipe off the alarm or swipe through screens. It opens the apps up instead. Even when typing replies to text messages, parts of the screen are blank so that doesnt work properly. Its def a malfunction and it's too new for that to happen. It needs to go back as soon as Covid let's up

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have exactly the same issue around the same time. Watch is only 10 days old.

The only way I can get by is to set it to water mode from the phone. 

I chatted with Samsung online and they've organised for me to return by post. 

I'm sorta hoping there's a firmware update or issue recognised, but otherwise I'll send it off

Highlighted
Asteroid

Did you get it sorted out? Or did you return the watch? The update didnt help mine. There are still parts of my screen that are not responding to touch. 

I told them I can't return because we're in COVID lockdown so that's a whenever this all passes. 
Highlighted
Asteroid

I returned it in Australia, process was super easy 
https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/track-repair
drop it at the post office and they provide packaging.

After a week my service status is showing "Cancelled by ASC", and it's on it's way back.  The serial number is the same, so if they're returned it with no fault found, I won't be happy after reporting the fault within 10 days of purchase and now being without it for a week.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure what the code "Cancelled by ASC" was, but the LCD has been replaced, the notes were "Minor residue and wear bands".

I don't even remember wearing it in the shower in the two weeks I had it... so not sure what happened there.

Astronaut

My active 2 waltxh is doing the same thing. Unresponsive screen, rotating through screens by itself. I tried rebooting but it is still doing it's own thing.  I see there have been a few people with same problem. I've had mine for about a month. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same problem.  Tried rebooting, hard reset,and factory reset. Noticed also that when doing palm touch on the whole screen, it cannot sense that my palm is already pressed. Watch face changed on its own, apps keep opening like phantom touch. Just got the watch on January.