JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 watch screen not working

(Topic created: 09-14-2020 07:38 AM)
userTGkBOhA4vj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The screen stopped responding to touch. Apps are opening on their own. Notifications are still going to the watch but I cant touch to access it. The buttons on the side are still working though. Please assist. This watch is too buggy. I'm regretting purchasing it!

37 Replies
Vanessa4
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I'd love to try and help!

Have you tried rebooting your device? If the screen isn't responsive but the side buttons are still working you can reboot your device by holding the bottom right button for a few seconds until you see it say "Rebooting"

Try that and see if it helps. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
userbWvMXwqCxt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

MIne is acting crazy, too. Started a couple of weeks ago and progressively got worse until now; the screen is very dim, too dim to use, and the watch has to sit on the charger unplugged for hours before I can even get it to turn on to (hardly) see that! I've had numerous Samsung phones and tablets and even our washer and dryer with no problems, but this watch really makes me mad. Not very old and too expensive to have this happen!

userbWvMXwqCxt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Now my phone just has very faint horizontal lines going up and down the screen. No way to see anything. Wow, what a great deal for $300; worked eight months!!!

Aleiah
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I've been having a similar issue, but I can't seem to find any resolution on this thread. My watch screen stopped responding, won't turn off, will randomly open apps, and then will randomly & repeatedly reply to my texts (several of my friends got so annoyed that they called me to tell me, and then had to block me because they received over 30 emojis, one counted 76 wink emojis from my watch). All of this started almost 3 weeks ago, and I've tried resetting (both the watch & phone), updating, etc. etc. Nothing has worked. I finally disconnected my watch from my phone, and let the battery run out on its own because it wouldn't let me turn it off. Has there been any new troubleshooting or tips to remedy this? I've only had my watch for 9 months, and I'm hesitant to believe that Samsung would put out such a shoddy product.

Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

The watch will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number or IMEI number from the back of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userM12aiYbPXA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Will i am having the same problem but i don't have the box nor i can go inside the watch to get the serial number bc the screen is not responding to touches. any idea how to get the serial number?

0 Likes
useroPDQJrlBlg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This solution worked for me . Thanks . My galaxy active 2 also went crazy . So searched and found your solution . I texted privately to samsung , and I don't know how ,but my watch works normally now

StitchDad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here. My wife and I have the active 2 her watch is the 40mm and it's been a headache.

ilanag96
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello userTGkBOhA4vj,

I understand your frustration with this issue. If the rebooting process does not work- I would recommend  attempting to locate the settings and tap on "Accessibility" and then see if any of the options are enabled- the watch may be on accessibility mode.

If this does not work either- then possibly contacting 1800 Samsung to send the device in for service. 

Hope This Helps!