JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active watch 2 number sync and data issues

(Topic created: 08-13-2020 03:40 PM)
zdcd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ever since the update on July 26th I am having issues with getting numbersync to connect and play music through spotify through the LTE. It worked great up until yesterday and now it's pretty much a bluetooth watch that can call and text from it's own number. Is this happening to anyone else? Because this watch has constantly seemed to be having issues with it features it seems.

userR5kogVcPUK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

At&t has a work around for this.

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Okay, so I got both watches back from Samsung today. Haven't set the second one back up yet because my wife has her phone with her at work.

My watch now CAN send texts without bluetooth, through the watch itself.

HOWEVER...I'm having TWO NumberSync issues. #1, I can't set up NumberSync at all on my phone line - whenever I log into my AT&T account to do so, all I get is the option for my wife's phone. AT&T said to create a second account with my phone number, but whenever I do that and log in with that for NumberSync, all I get is an error saying my number is attached to another account (duh). AT&T "escalated" that today, so I'm sure that'll go nowhere.

BUT...even if it didn't, it wouldn't matter, because guess what? When I try to get the code for NumberSync, the watch spins for awhile before telling me "NumberSync is not currently available." So...regardless, NumberSync doesn't work, although the "mobile networks" issue appears to be resolved on this watch. 

And as I wrote that last sentence, it occured to me that I should try to access the app store from the watch - and surprise! It doesn't work. So texting DOES work despite the lack of a "mobile network", even when bluetooth is off. That's the ONLY improvement so far from me sending it in. 

I tried chatting with Samsung, they directed me to call them, and quite frankly that seems like a complete waste of my time right now. So I'm really not sure what to do. I've had these watches since July 17 - 10 days before the update. And I've barely been able to properly use them.

0 Likes
userY3IlmFEbNw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

On my watch, post-update, I only have issues with Mobile (Cellular) Data.  When I was on the phone with the AT&T rep for a few hours, I explained that if I turned off BlueTooth and Wifi on the watch, I could place  call from my watch using the watch phone number.  I could also send / receive SMS (text) messages from the watch phone number, however if a picture message was sent to my watch number, I'd get a message on the watch that told me I needed to download the message.  Downloading would fail because there was no cellular data, so MMS would not download the message contents (but you could tell you got something).  If I tried to open something that needed a connection, like the Galaxy Store, it would throw a message that there was no data connection.  If I tried to setup NumberSync, it would also throw the Mobile Network Unavailable error.

I'm only throwing this out there because I tested these, and phone / sms were working before.  MMS was not working, nor was mobile data.  Hope this helps, and hope we have a solution soon. 

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Someone on Reddit is claiming that Advanced Tech Support now has a solution for this, and that they fixed this person's issue in about 10 minutes.

0 Likes
userR5kogVcPUK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, that is the problem. Can call and text from watch(stand alone) fine internet and number sync will not work.  Will post what happens when I get the watch back the second time.

0 Likes
MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same thing here, I ended up calling Samsung again and they had me send the watch back again. They just received it today... let's see what happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U); Active2 LTE (SM-R835U); Buds Live (SM-R180)
0 Likes
userR5kogVcPUK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

AT&T has a workaround for this now.

MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung still has my watch. I'm curious to know what the workaround is though... Did you have to call in, what did they do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U); Active2 LTE (SM-R835U); Buds Live (SM-R180)
0 Likes
bulldog89801
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
You are NOT alone @zdcd !!!
0 Likes
userR5kogVcPUK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

AT&T has a workaround for this now.