JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active watch 2 number sync and data issues

(Topic created: 08-18-2020 10:11 AM)
zdcd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ever since the update on July 26th I am having issues with getting numbersync to connect and play music through spotify through the LTE. It worked great up until yesterday and now it's pretty much a bluetooth watch that can call and text from it's own number. Is this happening to anyone else? Because this watch has constantly seemed to be having issues with it features it seems.

39 Replies
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Uh...so what is it? Because they sure didn't seem like they had a workaround for me when I called.

0 Likes
userUicodvv3rJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

UPDATE, I am posting this everywhere because I don't think the carriers or Samsung knows what's wrong

The latest update I got to my Active2 that also broke my Watch3 set the ATT APN to 'nextgenphone' which does not seem to be working yet.  I created a new APN 'Phone' like it used to have and the LTE data started again.

Solution
userY3IlmFEbNw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userUicodvv3rJ - thank you, this fixed my watch.  Here's the exact steps that I did.

On the watch:

1.) Go to Settings

2.) Go to Connections

3.) Go to Mobile Networks

4.) Scroll down to Access Point Names and tap it

5.) Go to Internet connection

6.) Click Create

7.) For "Name" use: Phone

8.) For "APN" use: Phone

9.) Click Save

10.) Click the radio button next to "Phone" to use this connection instead of Nextgenphone.

I repeated steps 5-10 to create an MMS connection as well.

After doing these steps, I was successfully able to access cellular data on my watch with Wifi off, and bluetooth disconnected.  I was also able to successfully configure NumberSync after using these steps to getting data working.

userMYpMCu92kD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can confirm that the above method works!

0 Likes
userm56mUaMZup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, I have been having the same issue as most in this and many other forums.  I have also spent countless hours in the store and on the phone creating ticket after ticket and I've only had the Active 2 for less than a WEEK!!!
I really wish this solution would work for me, but I do not have the ability to tap "APN", it is grayed out and not an option for me....Any ideas on how to get past this?

TIA!!

MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Check your inbox for a DM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U); Active2 LTE (SM-R835U); Buds Live (SM-R180)
0 Likes
bna2019
Pilot
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been experiencing the same since July of 2019 with no resolution.  My watch was sent back for a 2nd time for repair - recieved email that the ticket was canceled and watch not repaired.  I have logged well over 15 hours of my own time on the phone with AT&T and Samsung.  Now it is 9/28 and when I called about my cancelled ticket I was informed that generally they would offer an upgraded watch however will not becuase they have ZERO watched in stock. Not sure that I believe that.  I now have to go back to AT&T to get my receipt for when I purchased the watch then call Samsung back and they will issue me a refund.  

This whole experience has the worst customer service experience I've had!  I will likely not be purchasing Samsung products ever again for fear that I might have to call customer support again.

Good luck to everyone!!

0 Likes
The5hoods
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am unable to tap access points. I am able to tap everything else but access points. Any suggestions?
MariaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The option to change the APN, I believe, is blanked out when the watch is paired to the phone. Try changing the APN when the watch is in standalone mode only.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U); Active2 LTE (SM-R835U); Buds Live (SM-R180)
userdFcNXQgF03
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got an update last week and now I'm having this problem again...#3 in the above list is grayed out I can not even access that to try and fix it myself.
0 Likes