cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1fAAZ7p0IE
Constellation

Active2 - Do you have YouTube, Twitter and Google Translate pre installed?

Hi, I'm in the UK and own the Active2.  I watched a number of hands on US YouTube videos prior to launch and all made reference to three new apps present on the phone at start up (like Spotify).  These were YouTube, Twitter and Google Translate.  None of these appear on the UK version.  I was wondering if US users have these.  I did ask UK Samsung support but they were useless!

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
userp6ZZaSErNi
Constellation

Re: Active2 - Do you have YouTube, Twitter and Google Translate pre installed?

Hi I'm in the US and I do not have any of them preinstalled. I have the 44mm black active 2 (not LTE). I bought this watch because it was advertised I'm pretty irritated it's not installed.

Highlighted
user1fAAZ7p0IE
Constellation

Re: Active2 - Do you have YouTube, Twitter and Google Translate pre installed?

@userp6ZZaSErNi wrote:

Hi I'm in the US and I do not have any of them preinstalled. I have the 44mm black active 2 (not LTE). I bought this watch because it was advertised I'm pretty irritated it's not installed.

Thanks for the confirmation.  After seeing the reviews with the apps and then not on my watch I tried, unsuccessfully, for a week to get Samsung UK to tell me if the US version had them!  They just kept saying not all apps are available in all territories - they flat out refused to confirm or deny the apps on the US version.  They even said they were not allowed to ask Samsung US support for info and told me to ask them!  What a joke. 

The apps obviously exist as they were in most of the hands on reviews I saw. Interesting that they are not mentioned by Samsung anywhere! Hopefully we will see them one day.