Original topic:

Active2 May Survive Pools But Not Showers

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 2:14 PM)
useruexR6qGqcp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I haven't even owned the Active2 for a year.  It was a great product until it stopped working.  I sent it in for repair, everyone on the phone has been kind but the policy of "this watch is water-resistant not waterproof" is absurd.  If you advertise that it can go in a pool, a shower shouldn't kill it.  I had used the Water Mode every time, I've shaken the water out of the speaker as instructed.

They sent me a repair bill of $220, exactly what a new Active2 retails for.  Why in the world would I risk another $220 on something that might last a year, might not?

Very strongly considering not even looking at another Samsung Watch.

2 Replies
user575ZLXz2IK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The rear cover is only held in place by what looks like a silicone compound.

I would be interested to know what others in the  Samsung Community have to say about your issue?

Regards

0 Likes
Soo59
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here. Not a swimmer, never wear in shower.  Only moisture from my sweat and quick rinse to remove sweat. Yes, so ridiculous and frustrating that they advertise as sport/activity watch, that can track swimming laps, but it is not truly waterproof...and then have the insanity to claim and charge for water damage, when sending in for repairs. GGRRRRRR!!!

0 Likes