cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Active2 heart rate stops working during exercise

Hello,

My Samsung Active2 seems to have an issue cutting out during exercise and it's causing some pretty erratic activity recording as a result.

During both cardio and weight lifting the watch will stop displaying the heart rate for a prolonged amount of time (10 plus minutes), I'll fidget with the watch placement and band tension in an attempt to get the watch working again but more often than not I get nowhere. There's an older thread on here with people talking about leaving it loose or tight, I've tried both same issue.

Also, from the older thread they say try rebooting the device before a workout. This has not yielded a positive result either.

The issue with this watch seems to get WORSE with every software update. I have tried doing factory resets on the watch now 3 times over the course of 8 months, all of them seem to not make any difference. I have also shaved the area where the watch sits in an attempt to give it the best chance of reading my heart rate.

Everything above has been done in vein, I cannot get this thing to read my heart rate reliably when I need it to the most. I have tried a friends Apple Watch and a Fitbit Versa, neither one of those watches seem to have the issue the Samsung has while going through the same workouts in the same spot on my wrist.

Does anyone have an answer for the erratic HR measurement on this watch?

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: Active2 heart rate stops working during exercise

try reseting hold down for 20 sec if that doesn't work let your wearable die and then reboot
Constellation

Re: Active2 heart rate stops working during exercise

Thank you for the suggestion but I've already tried both of these action items.