cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_D
Asteroid

Active2 software upgrade and battery life

I updated my Active2 watch with the latest software on Oct 21 2019 and after the upgrade my battery life was cut 50% to less than one day. I'm not sure if it was related to the software upgrade or  a battery problem, but I returned the watch to Best Buy for another new Active2. Now I'm not sure if I should do the software upgade again. Has anyone else had their battery life reduced after applying the software upgrade that was pushed out around Oct 21st? I appriciate your feedback!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Active2 software upgrade and battery life

My GWA2 is fine after the recent update. I don't know why your battery life is draining faster. Could it be a different watch face or app? Hopefully, you can get assistance for this issue. I really like the GWA2 and hope there is a solution for you. Good luck!

Neil_D
Asteroid

Thanks Jay! I will wait a few more days to get good data on my battery life of the new GWA2. After the data collection period I will do the upgrade and measure the battery life again. Lets see I have 45 days to do a return. I like the GWA2 watch I hope I don't have to return the new one.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yeah, that's good you have 45 days to return it. I would test everything within that period! Do the water test, take it on your walk, check the gps, etc.  So far, I haven't had any issues with my GWA2. The only issue I had was with a watch face that glitched my watch but it wasn't the watch itself. I am really loving the GWA2 so I really hope all goes well with your new one. Good luck!